University of Okara, 2-KM, Renala Khurd - Okara Road, G.T. Road, Okara، N-5، Okara, Punjab 56300 Click address for directions
- Phone Tel: 044-2636060
- Email [email protected]
- Web Site https://uo.edu.pk/
University of Okara, Okara
The University of Okara (UO) is a public sector university that is located in Renala Khurd, Okara, Punjab, Pakistan was founded in 2005. The University of Okara is the center of excellence in teaching, research, and its service to local, national, and international communities. It is working on holistic grooming of students, generating knowledge and indigenous perspective, global engagement, and promoting diversity and life long learning of students. The University of Okara is affiliated with HEC (Pakistan).
University of Okara – Admissions, Departments & Scholarships
Students applying for the admission in University of Okara (UO), Okara must fulfill the following requirements
Selection Criteria for Undergraduate Programs
1. 12 years of education with a minimum of 45% marks.
2. 50% marks in entry test.
Selection Criteria for Graduate Programs
1. 16 years of education with minimum CGPA 2.5/4.0 or 45% marks in annual system.
2. 50% in entry test.
Selection Criteria for Postgraduate Programs
1. 18 years of field related education From HEC recognized university with at least CGPA 3.0/4.0 or first division in annual system.
2. GAT (subjective) or GRE subject with at least 60% marks.
Faculty of Computing
Faculty of Science
Faculty of Life Sciences
Faculty of Education
Faculty of Health Science
Faculty of Management & Social Sciences
Scholarships have unique benefits and are the most desirable form of financial aid. Many are merit-based while others are given as assistance to students who fit in certain criteria. University of Okara, Okara helps deserving and hard-working students to achieve their goals without any financial hurdles. In this regard, they offer need-based and merit-based scholarships like PEEF Scholarships to their students.
What’s your feedback on that?
#UO #Okara #Jaamiah
Directorate of research and Innovation was developed at the University of Okara. The directorate involves all research activities making research a top priority for a viable development. This center is focusing on organizing research activities of the university. The center will give critical and practical support for research activities. This office supports the highest standards of academic freedom, financially supports the research activities, takes initiatives in promoting multi-disciplinary research.
Seminars and Workshops are necessary for the grooming of students. The University of Okara organize such activities for their students some of them are;
1. A seminar on “A cross-cultural comparison” by Prof. Dr. Sebastian Kurtenbach & Mr. Julian Waleciak on 27 of February 2019.
2. A seminar on “ Thalassaemia Prevention” was organized on 24 January 2019.
3. A seminar on “Digital Security “held on 1st November 2018.