University of Science and Technology Bannu
The University of Science and Technology Bannu (USTB) is a public sector university that is located in rural areas of Bannu district, Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan. USTB was established in 2005. Banu is known for its industries of clothing weaving, sugar mills and the manufacturing of cotton fabrics, machinery, and equipment. Though Bannu is surrounded by high, rough mountains, it was a fertile place and it was known to early English visitors as a “paradise”. It is renowned for its Jumma weekly show. Though Bannu is surrounded by high, rough mountains, it was a fertile place and it was known to early English visitors as a “paradise”. University of Science and Technology Bannu aims to provide excellent education, qualified and trained faculty members, research facilities to their students.
University of Science and Technology Bannu Admissions, Departments and Scholarships
The University of Science and Technology Bannu (USTB) aims to provide quality education to the residents of Bannu. The eligibility criteria for admissions are given below
Selection Criteria for Undergraduate Programs
1. At least 45% marks in 12 years of education.
2. 50% marks in entry test.
Selection Criteria for Graduate Programs
1. At least a CGPA of 2.5/4.0 or 45% marks in the annual system of 16 years of education.
2.50% in entry test.
Selection Criteria for Postgraduate Programs
1. 18 years of field related education From HEC recognized university with at least CGPA 3.0/4.0 or first division in annual system.
2. GAT (subjective) or GRE subject with at least 60% marks.
Faculty of Engineering
Faculty of Basic Sciences
Faculty of Arts And Social Sciences
Faculty of Management Science & Economics
Faculty of Women Campus
Scholarships are given to the hardworking and financially weak students. Scholarships that are offered by the USBT are Merit Scholarships, Sibling fee, and Financial Assistance.
What’s your feedback on that?
#USTB #Bannu #Jaamiah
Research and development centers in USBT, are working to improve the trends of research activities in areas of economic, industrial, social and academic development. They also provide funding opportunities, presentation of research work, form linkages with industry and organize seminars and workshops.
Seminars and workshops are important for the student in order to gain some knowledge and improve their skills. UBST organize such events some of them are
1. National Conference on “Threats in biodiversity and ecosystems: Efforts to resolve current and future challenges” was organized by USBT on 26-28 November 2018.
2. 1st National Conference on “Recent innovation in Medical Chemistry and biot held on 20 February 2018.