Khairpur Need Cum Merit-Based Scholarship 2023
The Khairpur District Administration is offering a merit-based scholarship for students from Khairpur who are currently studying in public-sector Institutes/colleges and universities in Pakistan, preferably those recognized by the Higher Education Commission. To be eligible for the scholarship, students must be residents of Khairpur and meet the required criteria. Applications for the scholarship must be submitted within one month of the announcement, which was made on December 20, 2023. The deadline for submitting applications is January 21, 2023.
Search for More Scholarships
Khairpur Need cum Merit-based scholarship 2023 has been announced by the local administration for the male and female students of the Khairpur District. The students can avail of this scholarship to study in public sector educational Institutes/ degree colleges/ Universities. Students, who have taken admissions in public sector educational institutes, can apply for this scholarship. The selected students will get full financial coverage against their educational expenses.
At least 10% of the scholarships have been reserved for female students, 1% for minorities, and 5% for individuals with disabilities. However, if there are any remaining open slots after these minimum percentages are filled, they will be available for students selected based on open merit. The scholarship funds will be disbursed online to the bank accounts of eligible and qualified students, as listed in their application forms.
Who can Apply
- To be eligible for this scholarship, candidates and their fathers or guardians must have a Domicile and Permanent Resident Certificate (PRC) from the Khairpur District.
- In addition, candidates must have achieved a minimum of 75% marks in their last examination passed. If their marks are given in a CGPA of 3.00 or higher, they will also be considered for the scholarship.
- Only marks certificates from the last examination taken, no earlier than 2019, will be accepted.
- Students who are studying in public sector universities or colleges for the above-mentioned courses on a self-financing basis are not eligible for this scholarship.
- In addition, students of MS/MPhil/ME/LLM/Ph.D. are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Students studying the following disciplines and programs are encouraged to apply:
- BSc/M.Sc./BS (4 years), BCS/BIT/MIT, B.Ed. (4 years) at different universities and affiliated degree colleges,
- E/B.Tech (4 years)/MBBS/BDS/DVM/BSc. (Engineering Technology),
- A/LLB/BBA/BPA/M. A/MBA/MPA (regular students at universities and affiliated degree colleges in these disciplines can apply)
- Diploma of Associate Engineer (DAE) (only 3rd-year students can apply).
How to Apply
- To apply for the scholarship, candidates must obtain a scholarship application form from the Scholarship Cell at the Office of the Deputy Commissioner/Chairman Need-Cum-Merit Scholarship Board in Khairpur or download it from the website or Facebook page. Only application forms for 2022-23 will be accepted.
- Along with the completed application form, candidates must also submit:
- an enrollment certificate from the head of their department at their college/university/institute,
- an attested copy of their and their father’s/guardian’s Domicile and PRC
- a copy of their CNIC (or a NADRA form if they are underage)
- an attested copy of their student ID card
- an attested copy of their pass certificate from matriculation showing their date of birth
- the original marks certificate from their last examination passed (2021 or later)
- a father/guardian income certificate (or a pay slip if the father/guardian is a government employee)
- a recent passport-sized photograph
- The completed application and all required documents should be submitted through the head of the institution with a cover letter to the Scholarship Cell at the Office of the Deputy Commissioner/Chairman Need-Cum-Merit Scholarship Board in Khairpur by January 20, 2023.
- Incomplete applications/received after the last date will not be considered. The photocopy of the application will also be acceptable
- This Scholarship is only for the resident students of the Khairpur District who are studying in public degree-awarding education institutions countrywide.
- The degree college/university should be HEC approved preferably.
- The application must be completed with all required documents.
- Send the application as soon as possible. Late applications will not be considered.
- Application form 2022-23 will be accepted only.
- Last date to Apply: 20th January 2023