Indigenous Ph.D. Fellowship Program
The 5000 Indigenous Scholarship Scheme aims to establish a critical mass of highly trained human resources in all advanced disciplines of study offered in local institutions. Their presence will enhance the R&D potential of public and private institutions, as well as the local industrial sector.
The plan has helped build a research culture in public and private universities that meets international standards. This initiative is aimed at a wide range of disciplines including Science & Technology, Social Sciences, Humanities, and Life Sciences. The Higher Education Commission has helped numerous departments/universities create research laboratories. This has changed the research culture at Pakistani universities.
Due to the importance of local challenges, HEC has maintained a strong focus on indigenous scholarship programmes. Their study should directly impact Pakistan's growth and socio-economic development.
This initiative also helps universities upgrade their research facilities, notably small laboratory equipment, chemicals, and IT equipment, which not only helps HEC scholars but also helps departments construct modern research labs.
Search for More Scholarships
- a) Pakistani/AJK National
- b) For the award of scholarship, the candidates must have a minimum of 16 years of education with no 3rd division or Grade D in degree/certificate in the entire academic career.
- c) Candidates applying for direct PhD scholarships must have a minimum CGPA 3.0( out of 4.0 in the semester system),CGPA 3.75 (out of 5) or first division (in the annual system) in MS/MPhil/Equivalent degree is required along with the condition mentioned above in clause (b).
- d) Maximum age at the closing date of application.
- 40 years for full-time regular faculty members of public sector university/DAIs and regular employee of the public sector/R&D organizations
- 35 years for all others.
- e) The candidates who are already availing any other HEC/Government scholarship are NOT eligible to apply.