HEC Law Graduates Scholarships Programme for Balochistan to Study Abroad
The lawyers' community is an essential aspect of the judicial system, and they have a significant role to play in ensuring that justice is served to the general public. The project was started by the Prime Minister in order to replace the void left by the August 2016 blast, which killed a number of high-ranking lawyers.
The goal of the project is to help students from Balochistan who are interested in pursuing a career in law by providing them with financial assistance to attend both national and international universities. The Pakistani government approved the "Law Graduates Scholarships Program for Balochistan for Study Abroad" in September 2018 to award a total of 100 scholarships in batches, over a period of five years.
Search for More Scholarships
Applications are invited from the applicants having Domicile/Local Certificate of Balochistan Province for the award of Scholarships for law studies in the following categories:
- Indigenous / Local LLB (5Years)
- Indigenous / Local LLM
- Foreign LLM
- Foreign Ph.D.
- Applicant must possess the Domicile/Local Certificate of Balochistan Province.
- Maximum age as on closing date of applications:
- LLB (5Years): 25 years
- LLM: 30 years
- PhD: 35 years
- For LLB, LLM and PhD scholarships, the candidates must have completed HSSC/Equivalent, LLB and LLM respectively, from HEC recognized Universities before the closing date of the applications.
- For LLB, Candidates must have completed 12 years of education with at least 50% marks in BOI&SE intermediate exam/equivalent.
- For LLM & PhD, Candidates must have completed LLB , LLM respectively from HEC recognized DAIs with at least 50% marks in Bachelor degree.
- Applicant must secure minimum 50% Marks (Accumulative Test Score) in Aptitude Test.
- Applicant must have acquired the requisite academic qualification on or before the closing date.
- Any applicant who is already availing any other scholarship is not eligible to apply.
How to Apply
- Applicants are required to submit only online application through (eportal.hec.gov.pk).
- Hard copy of applications and any other documents are not required at this stage.
- Applicants have to Deposit /Online Transfer /Bank Draft/Pay Order/ATM Transfer Rs.500/- (Non-refundable), as application processing fee in favor of Director General Finance, HEC. Fee can be deposited at Habib Bank limited, in A/C No. 1742-79001334-01.
- The original Bank payment record/slip should be kept safe by the applicant to submit when required by the HEC.
- Incomplete applications in any respect will not be considered.
- Applicants are required to submit the completely filled application online, because the only submitted applications will be considered and saved application will not be entertained.