HEC Need Based Scholarships
Despite the fact that Pakistan has an abundance of talented youth, a lack of resources prohibits them from fulfilling their full potential in a number of areas. When it comes to gaining entry to higher education, this becomes even more difficult. The Government of Pakistan recognises these challenges and has tasked the Higher Education Commission with assisting the most needy and eligible students through Need Based Scholarships. Scholarships for financially disadvantaged students have been announced for as many as 94 public sector colleges and their campuses. The scholarships are intended to improve the socio-economic level of students by providing them with the opportunity to pursue modern education and professional options that will enable them to have a better future.
Search for More Scholarships
- In order to pursue undergraduate studies in any discipline at chosen public sector Pakistani universities and degree granting institutes, financial support and scholarships are available.
- Students must compete for admission to the participating university according to the institution’s admission process and be enrolled in Undergraduate (4-year) programmes in order to be eligible for the programme.
- The application is also open to students in financial need who are currently enrolled in one of the participating institutions.
- The financial need of a candidate, as determined by the Institutional Scholarship Award Committee, determines his or her candidacy for a scholarship. It will be taken into consideration in this case the financial situation of the applicant’s family members.
- The number of available places will be determined by the participating universities.
- Slots will be funded for the duration of the programme, which means they will be available until the end of the programme. In the event that any students withdraw from the programme, they will be replaced by other candidates on the waitlist.
- All disciplines will remain open. The selected university will determine whether or not to include or omit any discipline based on factors such as the grant amount, programme cost, and number of available spots, among others.
- In the case of Medicine, Pharm-D, and other five-year programmes, financing will be provided throughout the duration of the programme.
- The university may change the overall number of scholarships to some extent in order to fund the tuition fees, taking into account the amount of the grant that has been given.
- Besides tuition, each grantee will receive Rs.6000/- per month in stipend for the duration of the programme, in addition to the tuition price.
- Those students who secure admission on self-finance are not eligible for HEC Need-Based Scholarship Program
How to Apply
- The Scholarship Application Form can be obtained from the Financial Aid Office (FAO) at the participating university or institution if you are interested in applying for a scholarship. Download the application form by clicking the below “Apply Here” button.
- After completion, the Scholarship Form, along with any supporting documents, will be submitted to the same Financial Aid office (at the university only) for processing. (The HEC will not accept any application forms submitted directly to them.)
- Students must be admitted to one of the permitted disciplines at one of the participating universities/institutions, according to the admission criteria of the respective institution.
- Please keep in mind that this scholarship programme will also consider partial scholarships for students who are already enrolled at the designated university/DAI as part of their application.
- Please keep in mind that, under this scholarship programme, funds are not delivered directly to students by the Higher Education Commission. University/institutional participation is required in order for payment to be given to the students.