- LocationGIK Institute of Engineering Sciences and Technology, Topi 23640, District Swabi, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan Click address for directions
- Phone 0938 281026
- Fax 0938-281032
- Email [email protected]
- Web Site https://www.giki.edu.pk/
Ghulam Ishaq Khan Institute of Engineering Sciences and Technology
The Ghulam Ishaq Khan Institute of Engineering Sciences and Technology (GIKI), is a private research university situated in Topi, Swabi, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan. Its 400 acres (1.6 km2) campus is located in the vicinity of Swabi district of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan.
Established by civil servant and former President Ghulam Ishaq Khan in the year 1993, since its establishment, the institute has consistently attracted the country’s most influential scientists such as Abdul Qadeer Khan, Asghar Qadir, and Shaukat Hameed Khan, who played a formulating role in elevating the institute as one of world’s finest science and engineering college. It is affiliated with Higher Education commission (HEC) GIKI is one of the top institutions ranked by the HEC.
The motto of the university is “O my Lord! Advance me in Knowledge”.
GIKI – Admissions, Departments & Scholarships
GIKI offers admission in Bachelor, Masters, and Ph.D in a variety of programs annually. Their admission test carried out in seven major cities of Pakistan.
Selection Criteria for Undergraduate Programs
1. 12 years of field related education, passed with at least a second division from any registered institution.
2. Marks in Entry test.
Selection Criteria for Graduate Programs
1. 16 years of education for Master and 18 years education for Ph.D with at least second division with aggregate 45% in the annual system and 2.5 CGPA in semester system.2. Score in NTS, GAT, GRE test, and interviews.
Many full and partial scholarships are awarded to the students at GIKI
- GIK Merit Scholarship
- Chief Minister Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
- H.M.Yusaf Scholarship
- Razia Raouf Scholarship
- FATA Scholarship
- Frontier Education Foundation
- GIK Alumni Association of Balochistan
- Ihsan Trust Qarze Hasna
- Lucky Cement Pvt.Ltd
- HBL Platinium Scholarship
- Sindh Endowment Fund Scholarship
- Financial Assistance(Interest-Free Loan) by GIKI
- Chief Minister’s Educational Endowment Fund Scholarship
- Squeaks Foundation
In July 2010 Office of Outreach and Enterprise – OOE was formed at GIKI. The aim of this office is to make students industry oriented. And later with the collaboration of HEC OOE was updated into the Office of Research, Innovation, and Commercialization – ORIC. ORIC takes part in connecting students with the areas leading industries.
Main purpose of the workshops is to provide a platform for researchers, scientists, practitioners, and academicians. In collaboration with the department of science and technology, KPK organized the 1st international Workshop on “Functional Reverse Engineering of Machine Tools” (WRE 2018). A one-day seminar on “Quality Assurance of MS/Ph.D. Program from Internal and External Quality Assurance Perspectives” by Mr. Farrukh Idrees, Manager, Directorate of Quality Assurance, FAST-NUCES Islamabad was conducted at GIK Institute.