BS Civil Engineering
BS in Civil Engineering is an exciting bachelor's program known to be the oldest discipline of engineering. Students in Civil Engineering learn basic concepts, theories, and hands-on training about constructing buildings, dams, tunnels, disaster control systems, etc. Studying design, management, planning, surveys, maintenance, and supervision of infrastructure is an integral part of this degree program. Moreover, students also learn about the maintenance of housing societies, archaeological sites, and highways. Nowadays, Civil Engineering is more than just an engineering field. The demand for civil engineering can be seen in various industrial sectors such as automobile designing, aerospace industry, jetliners designing, and space station projects designing. This profession demands dedication and passion, and in the end, it makes the engineers excited when they see the results of their work. It is an evergreen practical field less focused on mere theories.
- Steel Structures
- Architecture and Town Planning
- Engineering Hydrology
- Construction Management
- Fluid Mechanics
- Soil Mechanics
- Engineering Mechanics
- Civil Engineering Materials
- Engineering Mechanics
- Basic Electrochemical Engineering
- Intermediate ( FSc pre- engineering /equivalent).
- 50% marks in previous degree.
- Passing marks in Entry test.
The scope of Civil Engineering in Pakistan will never fade because there is high demand for civil engineering services in Pakistan. Due to the massive increase in population, there is a hike in new housing societies, roads systems, and other infrastructures. Apart from this, the scope dramatically relies on passion, skills, hard work, and graduate training because nothing comes on a silver plate. It is the top-most paid kind of engineering in Pakistan; hence the future of civil engineers in Pakistan is bright and secure.
Below is the list of some job opportunities available for Civil Engineers in Pakistan and across the world.
- Civil Project Engineer
- Civil Maintenance Engineer
- Quality Control Engineer etc. There is a wide range of fields and sectors, both public and private, where civil engineers can get opportunities to establish and excel in their careers:
- Buildings and construction companies
- Airports industry
- Bridges industry
- Highways agencies
- Railway industry
- Environmental industry
- Geotechnical companies
- Coastal and marine industries
- Energy and power plant industries
- Tunneling industry
- Water and public health companies