China-Gwadar: HEC Indigenous Scholarship for Gwadar Students
On behalf of the Government of Pakistan, Higher Education Commission announces the Gwadar Indigenous Scholarship Program. In accordance with Pakistan's commitment to Gwadar's residents. Gwadar's primary goal is to generate skilled, educated, and well-trained young people who are eager to take advantage of the growing employment prospects in China and Pakistan. Uplifting Baluchi youth, in particular, has been made possible through the provision of 4-year BS programs/equivalent MA/MSc degrees at top Punjabi universities, as well as international scholarship opportunities for youth with 14-year or equivalent educational qualifications to study Chinese at top native Chinese language learning institutes or universities in the Chinese native environment. Having a command of the Chinese language, which is the primary medium of communication in the CPEC and its neighbouring projects, will aid them in finding employment.
Search for More Scholarships
Award of Scholarships to the Students of Gwadar for 4 years Bachelor Degree scholarship Program
(Prime Minister’s Announcement)
Higher Education Commission Of Pakistan announces The 4 Years Bachelor degree scholarship program for the students of Gawadar, Balochistan at top universities of Punjab; enabling them to get better job opportunities through China Pakistan Economic Corridor.
On March 16, 2017, Prime Minister of Pakistan during his tour to Gwadar has made the following announcement:
- Grant of Rs. 1.000 billion for uplift of Gwadar Town.
- Setting up of State of The Art University at Gwadar.
- Grant of 50 Scholarships to students from Gwadar for BS (04 Years) equivalent to Master Degree classes in Punjab based universities.
- Grant of 50 scholarships to students from Gwadar for learning the Chinese Language in China.
- Inclusion of Gwadar district in Prime Minister’s Program for National Health Insurance.
Eligibility Criteria For 4 years Bachelor degree Scholarship program
- Applicants must possess Domicile/Local certificate of District Gwadar; must have completed 12 years of formal education with 50% Marks in their FA/FSc/I.Com/ISC/DAE or equivalent.
- Maximum age limit is 22 years as on 10th of September, 2019
- The pre-requisite qualification must be acquired before the closing date.
- Candidates availing any other HEC/Government scholarship are NOT eligible.
- Scholarships will be awarded transparently at merit to the Domicile holders of Gwadar only.
- Candidates will be short-listed on the basis of Aptitude Test score and academic credential score (Test will be conducted by HEC).
- Already enrolled students in 4 years bachelor degree program (for the academic year 2019-2020) are strongly encouraged to apply.