University of Engineering and Technology (UET), Taxila
In 1975 the University College of Engineering, Taxila (UET Taxila) was established in 1975. It functioned at Sahiwal for 3 years. In 1978 it was shifted to Taxila. Till October 1993 the College was working under the University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore. The campus covers an area of 163 acres. All departments, residential colony for employees, hostels for the students, post office, and bank are housed at UET Taxila.
UET Taxila -Admissions, Departments, and Scholarships
Admissions at UET Taxila are purely on merit basis. The applicant has to receive an admission form with prospectus from the admission office or apply online. The applicant has to give fill up and submit the form with all required academic documents. The applicant of UET Taxila has to appear in an admission test conducted by the university. The candidate has to appear in an admission interview. All dues and fees should be cleared before the commencement of classes.
Attachments with the Application Form
i. Photocopy of CNIC or Computerized B-form issued by NADRA.
ii. Two Passport size photographs (one to be pasted on the Printed application Form (F-I) and one on the Declaration Form (F-0)).
iii. Attested copy of domicile must be attached to the Printed application.
iv. Attested copy of the Matric Result Card.
v. Attested photocopy of F.Sc. Result Card/Certificate is MUST.
Selection Criteria for Undergraduate Programs
1. BSc Engineering
2. 2 years of relevant education or equivalent with 60% marks from an accredited educational institution.
Valid Entry Test for the respective session score as per the policy of the University.
Diploma Of Associate Engineer
1. 12 years of relevant education or DAE with 60% marks from an accredited educational institution.
2. Valid ECAT or NAT score as per the policy of the University.
Selection Criteria For Graduate Programs
1. 16 years of relevant education or equivalent with 2 CGPA or 50% marks from an accredited educational institution.
2. Valid GAT(G)/FET/ETC score.
Selection Criteria For Postgraduate Programs
1. 18 years of relevant education or equivalent with 3 CGPA with a thesis from an accredited educational institution.
2. Valid GAT(Subject)/GRE score.
A candidate must not have attained the age given below on the last date fixed for receipt of applications for admission to all undergraduate disciplines:
i. 24 years (On the basis of FSc or equivalent)
ii. 26 years (On the basis of BSc)
iii. 40 years (On the basis of DAE)
The following departments are functional at UET Taxila. Each department offers Programs in Undergraduate, Graduate, and Postgraduate for national and international students with different educational backgrounds. Programs are mentioned under the respective department.
Faculty of Electronics and Electrical Engineering
Department of Electrical Engineering is offering a degree in electrical and electronics engineering. The course scheme is designed to provide advanced knowledge and prepare students for upcoming future technology. The course scheme enables students to learn new techniques and skills. The department has highly equipped laboratories.
The following departments come under the Faculty of Electronics and Electrical Engineering (UET Taxila);
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Department of Electronics Engineering
- Department of Biomedical Engineering and Technology
Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Faculty of Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering
Mechanical Engineering is a field that combines all engineering aspects of almost everything that moves in the universe. Mechanical engineering is concerned with the principles of motion. Engineering includes an understanding of design, analysis, and simulation methods.
Following departments are under the Faculty of Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering:
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Metallurgy & Material Engineering
- Department of Energy Engineering
Faculty of Telecommunication and Information Engineering
The Department of Computer Science is offering an undergraduate and masters degree in different fields of Telecommunication and Information. This program enables students to learn programming languages like C, Python, C++, Java, etc. The department also focuses on skills development. The IT labs are well equipped with all the required software.
Following departments are under the Faculty of Telecommunication and Information Engineering:
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Computer Engineering
- Department of Software Engineering
- Department of Telecommunication Engineering
Faculty of Basic Sciences and Humanities
Faculty of Industrial Engineering
Scholarships provide students with an opportunity to be educated. There may be students who find it difficult to pay for their degrees. Scholarships provide these students with the opportunity to source money for education. Thus they are able to become a part of the workforce and contribute to society. Merit and Need-Based Scholarship are offered to the deserving and hardworking students.
What’s your feedback on that?
#University_of_and_Technology_Taxila #UET #Taxila #Jaamiah
Research and Development are the most crucial to get students equipped with skills that the industry is in need of. UET Texila Has a very well-developed Office of Research Innovation and Commercialization (ORIC). Office of Research Innovation and Commercialization (ORIC) at UET Taxila has so far achieved the following milestones:
- Signed MoU with SUPARCO for working on PNSS-1 Program.
- Has invited many public sector engineering organizations, through the Ministry of Industries, to establish linkages for promoting joint research. Some of these organizations are HEC, HMC, Engineering Development Board, and the State Engineering Corporation.
- Network Administration and Research Center (NARC)
- Institute of Applied Technologies IC/MEMS Design Centre
- Office of Research Innovation and Commercialization (ORIC)
- Advanced Studies, Research and Technological Development (ASR&TD)
- Technical journal
Conducting seminars among students is good for their education and also for their career. This would help them to get more information on the particular seminar topic. Seminars also help them to exchange their ideas with teachers. They will get new things that they think would be implemented practically. Seminars and workshops provide a chance to interact with experts from the specific field. Discussing the relevant topics of the particular subject, students tend to learn about the latest information and new skills related to the concerned subject.