- LocationGandhara University, Canal Road, Academy Town, University Town, Peshawar, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Click address for directions
- Phone +92(0)915844429-32
- Fax +92 91 5844428
- Email [email protected]
- Web Site https://www.gandhara.edu.pk/
Gandhara University, Peshawar Campus
With the motto “Knowledge is Vision”, the Gandhara University is a private sector university located in the city of flowers, Peshawar, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan. It is leased by the Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and provides specialized training in the health sciences. The institutes that became Gandhara University were initially established in October, year 1995 by surgeon Muhammad Kabir. The university is recognized by the Higher Education Commission and accredited by the Pakistan Medical and Dental Council. It is also affiliated with the College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan for postgraduate dental courses. Gandhara University aspires and inspires to be a center of excellence in healthcare sciences and provide our students with an education of the highest quality.
Gandhara University Admissions, Departments, and Scholarships
Gandhara University offers undergraduate courses in MBBS, BDS, MPH, Pharm-D, Nursing, Paramedics, Dental Postgraduate course, and Doctor of Physiotherapy (DPT). Admission in this university is strictly on a merit base.
Admission Criteria for MBBS/BDS/Pharm-D/Paramedics
1. 12 years of education, FSc. (Premedical) with at least 60% marks or equivalent to FSc.
Admission Criteria for MPH
For admission in MPH students should possess one of the following degree or equivalent to this;
1. MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery)
2. BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
3. Pharmacy (Pharm-D) recognized by the Pharmacy Council
4. BSc Nursing (Recognized by Nursing Council)
5. DVM (Doctor of Veterinary Medicine)
6. Master’s Degree in a relevant subject such as Anthropology, Business Administration, Human Nutrition, Microbiology, Physiology, Sociology, and Zoology.
Admission Criteria for Nursing
1. FSc (Premedical) with 50% marks and Matric (Science) with 55% marks.
To make higher education accessible to all the students including low-income level students, multiple scholarships are available. Both full and partial scholarships are awarded to the students at Gandhara University.
– Need-based Scholarship
– Merit-Based Scholarship
What’s your feedback on that?
#Gandhara University #Peshawar #Jaamiah
Gandhara University has a good position in the field of research in various disciplines. It stands among the top public sector universities in research. Gandhara University has its own journal i.e. Journal of Gandhara Medical and Dental Sciences (JGMDS) which publishes research on medical and dental science in Pakistan.
Organizing workshops and seminars is very beneficial for students because they provide a platform for the students to further improve their skills and knowledge. Attending a seminar or a workshop has also been found to be beneficial for polishing communication skills and increases confidence level, etc.
Gandhara University has been involved in conducting various seminars and workshops such as Nursing Seminar, and poster competitions; has participated in World Oral Health Day in the past years and World Tuberculosis Day, among many others.