- LocationCanal Rd, Academy Town University Town, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Click address for directions
- Phone +92 (0)91 5844429-32
- Fax +92 91 5844428
- Email [email protected]
- Web Site https://www.gandhara.edu.pk/
The Gandhara University is a private sector university located in the city of flowers Peshawar, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan. It is leased by the Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. It provides specialized training in the health sciences. The institutes that became Gandhara University were initially established in October year 1995 by surgeon Muhammad Kabir. University is recognized by the Higher Education Commission and accredited by the Pakistan Medical and Dental Council. It is also affiliated with the College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan for postgraduate dental courses.
The motto of the University is “Knowledge is Vision”.
Gandhara University Admissions, Departments and Scholarships
Gandhara University offers an undergraduate course in MBBS, BDS, MPH, Pharm-D, Nursing, Paramedics, Dental Postgraduate course, Doctor of Physiotherapy (DPT). Admission in this university is strictly on the merit base.
Admission Criteria for MBBS/BDS/Pharm-D/Paramedics
1. 12 years of education, FSc. (Premedical) with at least 60% marks or equivalent to FSc.
Admission Criteria for MPH
For admission in MPH students should possess one of the following degree or equivalent to this.
1. MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery)
2. BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
3. Pharmacy (Pharm-D) recognized by the Pharmacy Council
4. BSc Nursing (Recognized by Nursing Council)
5. DVM (Doctor of Veterinary Medicine)
6. Master’s Degree in a relevant subject such as Anthropology, Business Administration, Human Nutrition, Microbiology, Physiology, Sociology, and Zoology.
Admission Criteria for Nursing
1. FSc (Premedical) with 50% marks and Matric (Science) with 55% marks.
Many full and partial scholarships are awarded to the students at Gandhara University.
1. Need base Scholarship
2. Merit Base Scholarship
What’s your feedback on that?
#GU #KPK #Jaamiah
Gandhara University has a good position in the field of research in various disciplines. It stands among top public sector universities in research. Gandhara University has its own journal i.e. Journal of Gandhara Medical and Dental Sciences (JGMDS) which publishes research on medical and dental science in Pakistan.
Organizing workshops and seminars is very beneficial for students because they provide a platform for the students on which they can improve their skills by staying and improve their knowledge. Attending a seminar or a workshop has many other benefits, including the best communication skills, increased confidence level, etc. Gandhara University organized the “Nursing Seminar” on 19thFeb, 2014.