- LocationShaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Medical University, PIMS, G-8/3, Islamabad Click address for directions
- Phone +92-51-9107687
- Fax +92-51-9107719
- Email [email protected]
- Web Site http://www.szabmu.edu.pk
Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Medical University, SZABMU, Islamabad
Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Medical University (SZABMU) is a public sector university, located in Islamabad Pakistan, and was established on 21st March 2013 via an act of Parliament. The integral Hospital of SZABMU is the Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS) that is the country’s inaugural Postgraduate Medical Centre since 1988. SZABMU offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs of medicine, surgery, dentistry, basic medical sciences, and allied health sciences. The SZABMU has a School of Nursing, College of Nursing, and the College of Medical Technology where graduate and postgraduate courses are offered. As the Federal Medical & Dental College is the Constituent Medical College of Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Medical University that offers the MBBS Program. SZABMU is known for its excellent education and qualified faculty.
SZABMU is affiliated with the Higher Education Commission, Pakistan Medical and Dental Council, College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan. The vision of SZABMU is to educate medical & dental students, nursing, postdoctoral and paramedics fellows in accordance with international professional standards. To advance national health through teaching, research, and services. To train the best and brightest minds as future national and international leaders. To advance the academic and professional ranks of faculty through training, and building upon a diverse community of scientists and clinicians. To create and provide a laboratory for advanced research in genetic and infectious diseases, through next-generation sequencing, DNA Typing, PCR analysis, and protein purification processes.
Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Medical University, SZABMU, Islamabad Admissions, Departments and Scholarships
SZABMU offers admissions in the following programs.
Selection Criteria for MBBS, BDS, DPT, and Allied Health Sciences
1. F.Sc (Pre-Medical) with at least 60% marks.
2. Admission test (at least 50% marks).
Selection Criteria for B.SC Nursing Post
1. SSC (Matric) with Sciences
2. Nursing diploma
3. Clinical experience of at least two years,
4. Pakistan Nursing council’s valid registration.
5. NOC for those who are working in Government Sector.
6. 50% marks in Entry Test
Selection Criteria for Postgraduate Programs
1. MBBS/BDS or equivalent degree.
2. At least one-year house job experience from PMDC recognized institution.
Scholarships are given to students on the basis of merit as well as to the financially weak students to make education available to all students that will be helpful for them in achieving their goals. SZABMU in this regard offers many scholarships like Pakistan Bait-Ul-Mal Financial Assistance and HEC Need-based Scholarships.
SZABMU Islamabad established the Office of Research, Innovation, and Commercialization (ORIC) in September 2015. ORIC’s main task is to introduce the research culture in SZABMU, to strengthen all kinds of research, and to develop connections with industry for commercial and academic benefits. ORIC gives support to faculty and scholars in achieving their goals.
Seminars and workshops help in boosting the skills of students as well as faculty and therefore one must attend such seminars and workshops. SZABMU also organize such activities for the students and faculty members some of them are
1. Workshop on Basic Life Support-Certified with American Heart Association was organized on 20 March 2019.
2. Workshop on SPSS organized by SZABMU on 13 April 2018.
3. Workshop on Research Methodology, Bio-statistics, and Medical Writing. This workshop was conducted on 18 December 2015.
4.Surgical Skills Mandatory Workshop for Resident on 4 April 2015. 5. Workshop on SAQs that was held on 7 October 2015.