- LocationGomal University,Dera Ismail Khan, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan Click address for directions
- Phone 03339985822
- Email [email protected]
- Web Site
University of Agriculture, D.I Khan
University of Agriculture DI Khan (UAD) is a government institute located in the province Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, established in October 2017. This University was reformed from a faculty of agriculture in Gomal University Dera Ismail Khan.
Dera Ismail Khan was established during the 15th century and is considered the largest district of southern KPK. It is a city of prestigious history and is a frequent region for tourist visits because of its routes connecting to Peshawar, Quetta, and Karachi which are the 3 most populated cities of Pakistan. The town floods with ancient culture and rich history along with beautiful historical sites which are the main attraction for the population masses inhabited there. Along with UAD, the district also consists of many other renowned institutes due to the high demand for education.
The University of agriculture DI khan (UAD) aims to provide a work-friendly environment that will allow them to develop independently along with aiding to address and overcome the wider issues of the state.UAD is a research-oriented institution that focuses on providing a unique environment to the candidates, teaching disciples that are economically beneficial on a local, national and international scale.
University of Agriculture DI Khan (UAD) offers education in undergraduate and graduate programs
Selection criteria for Undergraduate programs
- For undergraduates,12 year or equivalent education is must for applicants for admission in all courses along with adequate marks in entry test
- for BS programs in tech and computers, 12-year pre-engineering or equivalent with any subject in mathematics with a minimum of 50 % are eligible to sit in entry test.
selection criteria for Graduate programs
- for MS education in courses of agricultural technology a minimum GPA of 2.5 is required will at least 60%marks in FSC or equivalent examination
- For MS programs of computer science, software engineering, and BBA a minimum of 2.2 CGPA is eligible.
The University of Agriculture (UAD) provides numerous scholarships to meritorious and financially limited candidates
- USAID funded and need-based scholarship, UAF need-based scholarship, Punjab education endowment fund, UAF alumni sponsored educational scholarship and Bait Ul Mal scholarships are offered to candidates.
University of Agriculture Di Khan (UAD) not only focuses on the individual growth of their applicants but also pays close attention to the progress as a state on a national and international level. Being a research institute, this university has contributed widely towards agriculture collaborating with many other highly ranked research-oriented institutions, leading them, and the country to where it stands today.
Seminars and Workshops provide the students with a forum for exercising skills and learning to be creative. They also offer disclosure to concerned personals, of several issues that need to be discussed. As a university of education based on agriculture, The University of Agriculture (UAD) has conducted many seminars and workshops, to raise awareness and work on large scale issues at the same time.