Rawalpindi Medical University (RMU), Rawalpindi
Rawalpindi Medical University is a public sector health sciences university located in Rawalpindi. It is affiliated with three public sector teaching hospitals (Holy Family Hospital, Benazir Bhutto Hospital & DHQ Hospital) for undergraduate and postgraduate medical education & training. University has two main campuses, the Tipu Road campus & Holy Family Hospital campus. Basic sciences classes are taught at the Tipu Road campus and clinical sciences are taught at Holy Family Hospital campus.
The university was established in 1974 as Rawalpindi Medical College. It was initially affiliated with the University of Punjab. In 2003 it became affiliated with the University of Health Sciences Lahore. In September 2017, the college was upgraded to university status by the Government of Punjab. University offers undergraduate programs of MBBS and BSC Allied Health as well as post-graduate residency and fellowship programs at its attached teaching hospitals.
The aim of Rawalpindi Medical University (RMU) is to provide students with general professional education as physicians. They enable students to build upon previous education and experience using available learning resources. The competencies achieved by their young doctors will qualify them to proceed to further post-graduate training.
Rawalpindi Medical University Admissions, Departments and Scholarships
Admission is highly competitive and on merit.
Eligibility criteria for MBBS/BDS
1. The candidate should obtain marks equivalent to unadjusted 65% of F.Sc total marks.
2. Pass entry test with 60% marks.
Eligibility criteria for B.SC (Hons) Program
1. The examination is recognized as equivalent to F.Sc (Pre-Medical) by the IBCC.
2. The candidate should obtain marks equivalent to unadjusted 65% of F.Sc total marks.
3. The minimum age to apply is 17 years and the maximum is 30 years.
Eligibility criteria for Nursing
1. Candidate applying should have obtained 55% marks in aggregate as well as in Science subjects.
2. The candidate should have passed general nursing.
3. The candidate must be single at the time of admission.
4. The upper age limit is 25 years and for a widow, it is 30 years.
Eligibility criteria for Post B.SC Nursing
1. Entry Test would be facilitated by the Post Graduate College of Nursing (PGCN), Lahore. 05 marks for extra professional qualification 25 marks for General Nursing Diploma.
2. 20 marks for Midwifery Diploma.
3. 10 marks for Professional Experience.
Rawalpindi Medical University (RMU) provides many different scholarships to its students. They are:
1. Punjab Government Merit Scholarship
2. Government and Non-Government Scholarships
3. Indigent Scholarships
What’s your feedback on that?
#RMU #Rawalpindi #Jaamiah
Research and development implant inductive and scientific thinking and it encourages the development o rational practices of thinking. The importance of research in various areas of interest has increased in the modern era of technology. Research provides the beginning for almost all policies of the government in our economic system.RMU provides versatile ground for research and development. They invent a new procedure and methodologies in the medical sector. So, to increase the per capita income of the country.
RMU aims to empower its students with skills. Thus, they organized a large number of seminars and workshops annually. That gives them an opportunity to participate in scientific research and analysis procedures. To identify a deeper understanding of interests, attitudes, and develop desirable relationships with others. It helps the students to produce the skills in the comprehension of scientific information and especially in the presentation of verbal information. It enables them to get more experience and command on self -evaluation.
- Amazing Compass
- Residential Hostel
- Industry focus learning
- Flexible learning
- Knowledge transfer
- Teaching skills