Pakistan Military Academy, Abbottabad
The Pakistan Military Academy (PMA), also known as PMA Kakul, is a military academy in Kakul, Abbottabad, offers two-year accredited federal service military education. The academy has 16 companies and four training battalions. Approximately 2,000 guests are invited from 34 countries, to tour the facility annually. Many close allies of Pakistan send their own cadets and officers to receive premier training in modern military doctrine at PMA.
The Pakistan Military Academy is located in the city of Abbottabad, at an elevation of 1,220 meters (4,000 feet). The Abbottabad city is known for its pleasant weather, high-quality educational institutions, and establishment of the military as it has a robust presence of soldiers engaged in various activities.
Pakistan Military Academy – Admissions & Courses
Eligibility Requirements For PMA (PAKISTAN MILITARY ACADEMY)
1. Individuals with Pakistan nationality including Azad Kashmir domiciles and State Class-1 citizens.
2. For a long course, male candidates are selected.
3. The age requirement is 17-23.
4. Graduates with 2 years of graduate programs and 4 years of graduate programs can apply.
1. Civilians: unmarried only.
2. Serving armed forces personnel: 17-19 years of age and unmarried.
3. Married and unmarried, eligible to apply, if age 20 or above.
1. 60% marks in Intermediate or equivalent.
2. 60% in Graduation degree, then 50% in Intermediate are also eligible.
3. 55% marks in intermediate or equivalent with the following domicile. i. Balochistan. ii. Gilgit-Baltistan. iii. Chitral, Dir. iv. Area of Cholistan Desert. v. Drawer Fort. vi. Salamsar. vii. Mojgarh and Dingarh of Punjab. viii. Tehsil Bala Kot (Kaghan, Naran) of District Mansehra in KPK. ix. Tharparker and Tehsil Umer Kot in Sindh. x. District Rajanpur. xi. District Neelum Azad Jammu Kashmir. xii. District Kohistan.
1. Running: 1.6 km (1 mile) in 7 minutes and 30 seconds.
2. Pushups: 15 in 2 minutes.
3. Pull-ups (chin-ups): 3 in 2 minutes.
4. Sit-ups (abdominals): 15 in 2 minutes.
5. Male: 5 feet 4 inches.
6. Female: 5 feet 2 inches.
7. Healthy eyesight.
8. Weight according to BMI.
9. No genetic disorder including color blindness and night blindness.
10. Individuals with flat feet and knock knees are not eligible to apply.
Cadets are eligible in Pakistan Military Academy after 12 years of education. The duration of training is two years that is divided into 4 terms of 6 months each.
Technical Graduate Course
They join Pakistan Military Academy after technical graduation from their respective arms/colleges. The duration of training is one year which is divided for two terms. After the completion of this training, they are posted to respective arms, which include Combat Engineers, Signals, and Electrical & Mechanical Engineers.
This training consists of cadets from Army and Civil Medical Colleges, Remount Veterinary & Farms Corps, Army Education Corps. The integrated course also has Graduates with Masters in Telecommunication Engineering enrolled as Information Communication Technology Officers (ICTOs). The duration of this training is 6 months.
Lady Cadet Course
PMA has Lady cadets holding master degrees in different subjects. The duration of this course is six months after that static installations of Engineers, Ordinance, Army Education Corps, Signals, Army Service Corps, and Corps of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering are joined by these Lady Cadets.
The College offers Merit Scholarship and free education for Academic Brilliance. The College grants a fee-concession for deserving students at the time of admission. This concession is renewable at the time of every fee installment. Students benefitting from this assistance must get their concession forms duly signed by the Principal.
What’s your feedback on that?
#PakistanMilitaryAcademy #PMA #kakul #Abbottabad #Jaamiah
Here you can get access to the library. It has a massive book collection on nearly all imaginable subjects, arranged in cabinets. They are well sectioned and cataloged. There is also a vast reading-room with scores of quality papers, journals, a well-stocked reference section. You can also visit the library’s layout in appropriate cabins and coupled with efficient management making it a conducive place for concentrated study or any sort of research-work
Conducting seminars among students is good for their education and also for their career. This would help them to get more information on the particular seminar topic. Seminars also help them to exchange their ideas with teachers. They will know new things and can easily implement practically.