HEC Undergraduate Scholarship Program Gilgit-Baltistan (GB) Students
A scholarship program for Gilgit-Baltistan (GB) students in top public sector Pakistani universities has been established. Providing scholarships to students from the United Kingdom is the primary goal of the programme, which is to prepare young people for the problems they will face in the future. As the terminal point of the CPEC road, Gilgit Baltistan is a strategically vital region, while Gwadar lies at the opposite end of the route's length. The programme will provide financial help to students who choose to pursue higher education at any of Pakistan's best colleges or institutes in order to contribute to the development of their communities and the country as a whole. With the Higher Education Commission (HEC), the United Kingdom's youth can benefit from higher education that is better in terms of its quality, accessibility, affordability, and equity. Because of their geographic proximity to China and central Asian countries, the 14 districts of Great Britain are critically vital for providing learning chances and better work opportunities to the youth of less affluent places.
Search for More Scholarships
General eligibility criteria for all these scholarships are as under:
- The applicants must have a domicile/local certificate of Gilgit-Baltistan.
- The applicants must have completed Secondary School Certificate (SSC) and/or Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC) and/or Equivalent, however, priority will be given to those students who have passed/complete their SSC/HSSC or Equal from Gilgit-Baltistan.
- The applicants who are already availing of any other HEC/Government scholarship are NOT eligible to apply.
- Students already enrolled in any BS Program prior to advertisement a maximum of one academic year/ session may also apply.
- The award of scholarships will be made irrespective of gender, caste, race, and religion.
- The applicants can apply to any Public Sector university/institution in Pakistan. However, any expenditure over and above the cost given in PC-1 will be borne by the student himself/herself.
- Advertisement in print media and HEC website for inviting the applications of potential candidates.
- HEC Scholarship Aptitude Test shall be arranged by HEC/ETC. Applicants must secure at least 50% marks in the test. The test results will be valid for 01 year.
- Applicants will be short-listed based on Aptitude Test score (conducted by HEC) and Academic Credentials as per the following weightage/Formula: SSC 10%, HSSC 40% & Scholarship Aptitude Test 50%
- Applications/particulars of shortlisted candidates would be scrutinized in light of the defined eligibility criteria.
- Dropped out seats in a particular year will be adjusted next year.
- Scholarships shall be awarded to the students studying/seeking admission for the BS (4 to 5 years) studies in HEC recognized public sector Universities/Degree Awarding Institutions of Pakistan.
- The selected applicants shall secure admissions by themselves in the defined program of study in Pakistan.
- The scholar shall sign an agreement/undertaking before availing of the scholarship. The terms and conditions laid down in the agreement/undertaking an award letter shall be binding for both parties.
- Final award letters shall be issued after securing the admission and the completion of all required formalities including the legal documents.