- LocationLasbela University of Agriculture, Water and Marine Sciences , Uthal, District Lasbela, Balochistan Click address for directions
- Phone 0853-610770
- Email [email protected]
- Web Site http://www.luawms.edu.pk/
Lasbela University of Agriculture, Water and Marine Sciences, Main Campus
The Lasbela University of Agriculture, Water and Marine Sciences (LUAWMS) is a public sector university that is located in Uthal, Lasbela District, Balochistan, Pakistan that was founded in 2005. For utilizing the agricultural resources, conserving the water resources and exploiting the marine assets, LUAWMS provide opportunities for the skilled professionals who are critical need of Pakistan particularly Balochistan. LUAWMS is fascinating the students of the country through its research activities. LUAWMS provide a conducive environment for learning to the students so that they can explore their capabilities.
LUAWMS is affiliated with HEC.
LUAWMS give equal freedom for admission in all programs on merit base and district wise quota system without any difference of race, religion, gender, and color.
Selection Criteria for Undergraduate Programs
1. 12 years of education with a minimum of 50% marks
2. 50% marks in entry test
Selection Criteria for Graduate Programs
1. 16 years of education with minimum CGPA 2.5/4 or 45% marks in annual system
2. 50% in entry test
Selection Criteria for Postgraduate Programs
1. 18 years of field related education From HEC recognized university with at least CGPA 3.0/4.0 or first division in annual system.
2. GAT (subjective) or GRE subject with at least 60% marks.
Faculty of Agriculture
Faculty of Marine Sciences
Faculty of Veterinary & Marine Sciences
Faculty of Engineering Sciences & Technology
Faculty of Education
Faculty of Languages & Literature
Faculty of Management & Social Sciences
Professional Education Foundation Scholarships/Zakat for VAS and Agriculture Scholarships, NEST (Iqbal Scholarship), USAID Funded Merit and Need-based scholarships are offered by LUAWMS to help needy and deserving students.
What’s your feedback on that?
#LASBELA #Balochistan #Jaamiah
The objective of LUAWMS is to develop and assist dynamic research for economic prosperity. For enhancing research and the process of knowledge development, research centers are working to increase the percentage of cited research publications. Also to achieve high standards of research, the researchers are highly motivated and facilitated to improve the progress of research. For this purpose, the Office of Research, Innovation, and Commercialization (ORIC) were developed at LUAWMS. ORIC aims to provide critical and practical support for research activities.
Seminars and workshops are important for the students and faculty to improve their skills. LUAWMS has organized such seminars and workshops
1. Two days workshop on “Under Plagiarism, HEC Plagiarism Policy and use of TURNITIN” organized by QEC LUAWMS on 13-14 September 2018.
2. Two days awareness workshop on “Self Assessment Report of Degree Program- A tool for improving the Quality of Education” organized by QEC LUAWMS on 21-22 February 2019.