Jamia Baitussalam, Gulshan-e-Hadeed, Karachi, Pakistan Click address for directions
- Phone 111-298-111
- Email [email protected]
- Web Site www.jamiabaitussalam.edu.pk
Bait-us-Salam is an institution of religious education with schooling is also laid on character building and upbringing. It is located at Gulshan-e-Hadeed, Karachi. It is a unique institution among religious studies, where the day begins with ‘Tahajjud’ prayer.
The University “Bait-us-Salam” began its academic journey on 15 Shaban 1430 Hijri .Prior to this, there was a religious institute operating called “Islamic Education” set half an acre away, which was composed of six rooms and a beautiful mosque, where students were committed to recite and memorize the Quran.
Aims & Objectives
The aims and objectives of Bait-us-Salam are to ingrain a sense of religious sciences (Quran, Hadith, Beliefs, Laws, etc.) among Muslims, to promote the foundation of religion, keeping in mind the requirements of contemporary scholarly experts with an insight to create religious sciences as well as guide the Islamic society towards the correct approach as per the life of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).
- Every student has an acceptable ethical standard.
- Certified copy of the result of the final exam must be attached along with the entry form.
- ‘B’ form
- 2 recent photos
- Birth certificate
- ID card copy of the student or their guardian
- Copies of documents with the entry form.
Department of Dars-e-Nizami (Alim Course)
The course of Islamic teaching is conducted in this sector, the total duration of which is 8 years.
- Quranic interpretation & commentary
- Principles of Quranic interpretation & commentary
- The Hadith
- The Principles of Hadith
- Jurisprudence/ Law
- Principles of Jurisprudence/Law
- Arabic grammar
- Logic and Arabic literature
Department of Moral and Spiritual training (Dar-ul-Quran Hifz)
Dar-ul-Quran Hifz Department is responsible for teaching students the Arabic dialect and the pronunciation of words in order to achieve excellence.
In the Dar-ul-Quran Hifz training, there is a subsidiary called “Quranic Computer”.
It provides the description of the following:
- Manzil numbers and letters, words, signs, rukus, number of pages and chapters
- Name of Surah, Reference number and mercury characters, words , communications, rukus, number of pages and chapters
- Name of Surah, words, verses, rukus and number of pages, the first and last verse, ayah already recited, and the ayah before that is identified by the student.
English Language & Metric/O-Level
Along with memorizing the Quran, the students are taught Urdu, English and Maths every day for 45 minutes taking into consideration the student’s mental capacity. For this, higher education is divided into three sections and the students are taught English, Urdu and Maths from different classes.
For the language courses of Arabic and English, emphasis is given on the acquisition of the following skills:
Students of Jamia Baitul-Sallam won three categories at the competition held at HITEC University, Taxila and proved their mettle amongst students from 20 Pakistani universities.
- Urdu speech competition
- Spelling bee
- Robotics competition
- Exercise Competition (Health Competition)
- Speech Competition
- Writing Competition
- The Holy Quran Competition
- Hadith Memorization Competition
- Poetry Memorization Competition