- LocationGovernment College Women University, Madina Town, Faisalabad, Pakistan Click address for directions
- Phone +92 41 9220671-75
- Web Site http://gcwuf.edu.pk
Government College Women University, Faisalabad
The Government College Women University Faisalabad (GCWUF) is situated in Faisalabad, Punjab, Pakistan. It is a public sector university. GCWUF has initiated its drive as an intermediate college in 1934. Then upgraded as a Degree college in 1944. The postgraduate programs were started in 1985. At last on 3rd January 2013, it was acknowledged as a University. The University is a core of educational, social, and cultural activities having contact with the business and industrial communities. Presently, greater than eight thousand students are enlisted at GCWUF and numbers are increasing. GCWUF is offering 25 courses in Bachelors programs, 16 courses in MS/M. Phill programs, 20 Master level programs, 7 courses in Ph.D. programs.
GCWUF faculty consists of highly experienced and qualified teachers. The aim of GCWUF is to encourage research culture through a helpful environment where students and faculty can attain research perfections in their fields. Many organizations are working to analyze the invisible talents of students. Additionally, these societies are providing different opportunities for the spiritual and mental development of the students.
GCWUF is affiliated with HEC.
GCWUF offers admission in many fields.
Selection Criteria for Undergraduate Programs
1. 12 years of education with a minimum of 45% marks.
2. 50% marks in entry test.
Selection Criteria for Graduate Programs
1. 16 years of education with minimum CGPA 2.5/4 or 45% marks in annual system.
2. 50% in entry test.
Selection Criteria for Postgraduate Programs
1. 18 years of field related education From HEC recognized university with at least CGPA 3/4 or first division in annual system.
2. GAT (subjective) or GRE subject with at least 60% marks.
GCWUF offers many scholarships for students. Some of them are mentioned below
1. Bait-ul-mal Scholarships
2. Chief Minister Merit Scholarships
3. Pakistan Educational Endowment Funds
4. Sitara Chemicals Industries Limited Scil Talent Scholarships
5. The Joint Japan/World Bank Scholarships
6. University need-based Scholarships
The Office of Research, Innovation, and Commercialization (ORIC) were developed by the HEC. ORIC was formed to introduce and form a connection between educational and research activities of the university with social requirements. As well as ORIC is working for encouraging the quality of researches that fulfills international standards.
Seminars and Workshops organized by the GCWUF are
1. Two days seminar cum workshop on “ Smart Phone Application: Cyber Crime and Android” was organized on 21-22 March 2016.
2. Two days workshop on “ Project Formulation” was held on 20-21 January 2016.