- LocationPIEAS, Lehtrar Road, Nilore, Islamabad, Islamabad Capital Territory Click address for directions
- Phone +92 (51) 1111 74327
- Fax +92 (51) 924 8600
- Email [email protected]
- Web Site http://www.pieas.edu.pk/
Pakistan Institute of Engineering and Applied Sciences (PIEAS), Islamabad
PIEAS is located in the capital city of Pakistan i.e. Islamabad. Pakistan Institute of Engineering and Applied Sciences (PIEAS) is a public sector institute centered on the study of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).
The University is executed with excellence in science and engineering education. PIEAS pursue to present education in fields that are important for the development of technology of Pakistan and, in particular, to play a leading role in fostering the inauguration of educational programs in newly spreading technological fields in the country. PIEAS grants the highest priority to fulfill the present and future trained manpower requirements of many technical organizations.
PIEAS is focused to provide a learning environment that fully encourages the students’ intellectual capabilities and also supports their personal development as future technological leaders. PIEAS gives hostel facilities for both female and male students. There is a total of eight hostels and a separate female hostel. No profit no loss mess, canteen, fitness center, rest-house, and indoor and outdoor sports facilities are also provided. A mosque is also present near the hostel.
Pakistan Institute of Engineering and Applied Sciences (PIEAS) – Admission Criteria
PIEAS examination division and registration is responsible for admission, registration, and examination related activities of the students.
SELECTION CRITERIA FOR UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMS
1.The students who scored a minimum 60% score in matric/O levels and in intermediate.
3. PIEAS Admission Test must be passed with 60%
SELECTION CRITERIA FOR GRADUATE PROGRAMS
1. 16 years of relevant education from an accredited educational institution/degree awarding institution with 50% marks in annual system or 2.0/4.0 CGPA in the semester system
2. A valid score in admission test
3. Performance in the interview
SELECTION CRITERIA FOR POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMS
1. 18 years of relevant education from an accredited educational institution/degree awarding institution with 60% marks in annual system or 3.0/4.0 CGPA in the semester system
2. A valid score in admission test
The Pak-USAID Merit and Needs-based Scholarship Program is targeted at providing opportunities for access to higher education, especially to underprivileged candidates who, despite possessing academic merit, are unable to finance their education. The scholarships at PIEAS is not confined to tuition only, but also includes accommodation and living expenses.
The office of Research, Innovation, and Commercialization (ORIC) was developed because of the need for knowledge transfer in education institutions. ORIC in PIEAS was developed in 2012.
PIEAS has a good position in the field of research in the various disciplines of science and IT. It comes among top public sector universities and the faculty members have a lot of publications with a good impact factor in the best journals of the world.
PIEAS Workshops and seminars make individuals grow mentally and knowledge-wise too. The students get to know about diverse aspects of different fields. Students expand their knowledge, skills and build confidence in them.Some of them are listed below:
– International three days Workshop on “2D Materials and Quantum Effect Devices” was held on 3-5 March 2020.
– Three days of hands-on workshop “Computational Fluid Dynamics” was organized on February 11-13 2020.