Women University Mardan, Mardan
Women University Mardan is a public university situated in Mardan, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan. It is the degree-awarding institution and is recognized by HEC. This is a unique institution as it promotes literacy among the women fellow in our society. The females of our society in some regions can’t go away from home, this university makes sure that they can get the best education they need and feel home.
The Women University Mardan provides quality education in a peaceful and secure environment for the students with a motto ”We counsel, educate and develop women as good citizens.
Mardan is a centrally located city of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. The importance of Mardan is due to its topography which makes it unique from other Districts of the KPK. After Peshawar, Mardan is the second biggest city of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa with a population of 2.25 m.
Women University Mardan, Mardan – Admissions, Departments & Scholarships
The admission for Women University Mardan opens in August. Students can download the form online and submit it with relevant documents. The university will then assign the entry date and the location. Students will be also given their specific roll no. for their test.
Eligibility Criteria for Undergraduate Programs
1. The students who scored a minimum 50% score in matric/O levels and in intermediate.
2. Students who scored 50% in NTS.
Eligibility Criteria for Graduate Programs
1. Students who scored a minimum of 2.2 CGPA in the undergraduate program.
2. Students who scored 50% in GATs general test.
3. The selected students will be screened during the interview.
Eligibility Criteria for Postgraduate Programs
1. Students who scored minimum 3cGPA in the graduate program.
2. Students who scored 50% in the GATS subject test.
3. The selected students will be screen during the interview.
Faculty of Social Sciences
Faculty of Sciences
Faculty of Arts & Humanities
Faculty of Islamic & Oriental Studies
The following scholarships are offered to students who need financial assistance to continue their education.
1. Diya Foundation Pakistan scholarships
2. Mora scholarships
3. Merit scholarship per semester
4. HEC Need-Based Scholarships
5. WUM sister/sister concession scheme
6. Momina Cheema scholarship
What’s your feedback on that?
#WUM #Mardan #Jaamiah
Research and development is a productive and successful platform that enhances the link between the university’s research activity and education according to the social requirement. The quality of research meets the international standard. Support commercialization, licensing, etc. of the university research products. Encourage publishing of the campus/faculty/departmental research journals and develop liaison with the funding agencies.
Seminars and workshops are designed for the students so that they can have an active roll in debate and gaining the skills. Students are also chosen to lead the presentation so that they can build communication skills and confidence.
The following are held till now
1. The science Exhibition was organized by the Science Society of Women University Mardan.
2. Women University Mardan attended the 8th International Annual Health Research Conference, at Khyber Medical University Peshawar.
3. The seminar organized by the Department of Microbiology was on “Food-Borne Pathogens.
4. One day Cancer Awareness Seminar.
5. Training Workshop on “Enzyme Engineering”.