Military College of Engineering, NUST (Risalpur)
The Military College of Engineering (MCE) is an engineering college of NUST located at Risalpur in KPK. It is established in 1948 by Pakistan Army. MCE is affiliated with NUST and
Pakistan Engineering Council. Most of the students of MCE serve in Pakistan Army Engineering corps. It offers many courses for cadets as well as for civilians. The mission of the MCE is to create high-quality civil engineers for the development of the country.
The motto of the college is “A Center of Excellence for Quality Education and Research”.
Admission in NUST is purely on a merit-based and previous academic career.
Selection Criteria for Undergraduate Programs
1. Applicants must have 12 years of education with at least 60% marks from a recognized institute.
2. Students having O/A-level or any foreign qualification must provide an equivalence certificate by the Intermediate Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC).
Selection Criteria for Graduate Programs
1. Applicants must have completed 16 years of education with 60% marks.
2. GAT-General with a minimum 50% cumulative score will be required.
Selection Criteria for Post-Graduate Programs
1. 18 years of the relevant field with CGPA 3.0/4.0 or 3.75/5.0 (Semester System) and first division (Annual System).
2. GRE (Subject) as per the policy of HEC or NTS GAT (Subject) with a minimum score of 60%.
NUST offers the following Scholarships and financial aid for the financially challenged students and other students as well.
1. Need-Based Financial Aid
2. Indigenous Scholarships for Students of Balochistan and FATA
3. Punjab Educational Endowment Fund (PEEF) Scholarships
4. Frontier Education Foundation (FEF) Scholarships
5. Financial Assistance for Undergraduate Students
6. Assistance-ship for Postgraduate Students
What’s your feedback on that?
#MCE #CUI #Risalpur #Jaamiah
Research is the central and the most important part of university education in Pakistan and other countries as well. University should provide a platform for the students which helps them to discover new techniques of creative innovations. The mission of NUST is to coordinate with students for research and development at the national and international levels as well. In MCE there are different research groups that have different areas of interest. Like Geotechnical and Geo-Mechanical Engineering Group has research focused on Management of blast associated risks, Earthquake engineering, Geo-mechanical instrumentation, decision making using micro-electro-mechanical sensors and artificial intelligence, Geo-hazards, and tunneling.
Seminars and workshops are essential for students, teachers, and others as well. It helps to keep the person updated about new trends and technologies. It is important for every university to arrange seminars and workshops for its students.