- LocationDr Mateen Fatima Rd, Block H Gulberg 2, Lahore, Punjab Click address for directions
- Phone 042 99 26 3324
- Email [email protected]
- Web Site http://che.edu.pk/
University of Home Economics, Lahore
The history of the University of Home Economics, Lahore goes back to 1955 when it was established as College of Home Economics to educate female students in various life skills. The aim was to prepare girls for home and family living as well as to develop their creative skills. The College had partnership with Oklahoma University, USA to assist in curriculum development and teacher training. Within 10 years of its foundation, the College started offering MSc., B.Ed. and C.T. courses. Later, the scope of education was widened to groom them as empowered women who can join various fields as professionals.
Admission criteria are very selective and on merit.
Selection Criteria for Undergraduate Programs
1. 12 years of field related education, passed with at least second division from any registered institution.
2. 60% marks in entry test.
Selection Criteria for Graduate Programs
1. 16-year education through a recognized university.
2. 60% marks in the GAT test.
Selection Criteria for Post Graduate Programs
1. 18-year education through a recognized university with a minimum 3.0 CGPA or 70% marks.
2. 70% marks in the GAT test.
Scholarship assistance can support students who fall in the gap between high and low-income levels. These are directed towards acknowledging exceptional students for their achievements.
1. Mumtaz Scholarship
2. Musabiqat Scholarship
3. Usra Assistantship (Kinship Concession)
4. Salaar Assistantship
5. Mawakhat Assistantship (Need cum based assistance)
6. Wali Assistantship (Orphanage scholarship)
What’s your feedback on that?
#UHE #Lahore #Jaamiah
The faculty at the University is highly qualified, hardworking and dedicated to mentoring the students for professional learning, social skills, and entrepreneurship. The University is housed in a large agricultural complex of provincial agricultural research, extension, and services institutes/stations/offices.
Workshop and seminar provide dimensions to students to capitalizing on the strength,.Groom the students with hands-on training, solution-oriented research, out of box thinking for innovations and entrepreneurship. The University has acquired qualified and dedicated faculty to provide maximum facilities to its students through these extra circular activities.