- LocationNishtar Medical University, Nishtar Rd, Gillani Colony, Multan Click address for directions
- Phone (061) 9200238
- Web Site
Nishtar Medical University, Multan
Nishtar Medical University is Pakistan’s one of the most renowned public-sector medical colleges located in Multan, Punjab. It is named after a famous Pakistani politician and activist Sardar Abdul Rab Nishtar. It was established in 1951, and it is Pakistan’s 3rd oldest medical institution.
The college has an area of over 20 acres. The Nishtar Hospital is located adjacent to the college. Nishtar Hospital is one of the largest hospitals in Pakistan. The main finances of the college come from the governmental and some from private support from local philanthropists. The college is large and spacious, has a central quadrangle, which is a garden, on the sides of which academic buildings are located.
Selection Criteria for MBBS/BDS
1. Matriculation (SSC or Equivalent) weightage is 10%.
2. HSSC /F.Sc (Pre-Medical or Equivalent) weightage is 40%.
3. MDCAT Test weightage is 50%.
Selection Criteria for MS/MD
1. MBBS/equivalent qualification registered with PMDC
2. Completed one year House Job, with at least six months in the particular discipline
3. One-year experience in particular specialty
4. Pass entry test
Nishtar Medical University offers financial assistance to its deserving students through merit and need-based scholarships.
What’s your feedback on that?
#NishtarMedicalUniversity #NMU #Multan #Jaamiah
Nishtar Medical University considers research as a central and integral part of the institution and aims to create new knowledge through research. The research portfolio of its faculty is wide-ranging and covers almost every sub-field of medicine like Health Sciences, Nursing, Medical Laboratory Technology, and Dentistry.