Fatima Jinnah Medical University, Queen's Road, Mazang, Lahore Click address for directions
- Phone +92 - 42 - 99203718
- Fax +92-42-99203716
- Email [email protected]
- Web Site http://www.fjmu.edu.pk/
Fatima Jinnah Medical University (FJMU), Lahore
Fatima Jinnah Medical University is named after Fatima Jinnah, and it is located in Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan. FJMU with its associated teaching hospital Sir Ganga Ram Hospital is a medical institution to teach and train female doctors and post-graduate students and provide medical and healthcare facilities to the citizens of the country, particularly in and around Lahore, and more particularly to the female population. It is now a tertiary healthcare unit. Sir Ganga Ram Hospital was established in 1921 in the walled city of Lahore by a philanthropist Sir Ganga Ram who also donated a piece of land. The hospital was shifted to its present location in 1943 to cope with the growing demand for medical and health care services. On June 30, the year 2015 the Health Department of Pakistan converted the status of the Fatima JinnahMedical College to Fatima Jinnah Medical University and the present principal was made the Vice-Chancellor of the University. Fatima Jinnah Medical University is affiliated with Sir Ganga Ram Hospital and Pakistan Medical & Dental Council.
Fatima Jinnah Medical University – Admissions, Departments & Scholarships
Fatima Jinnah Medical University offers admissions in different programs.
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS
1. Minimum Requirement for MBBS is 60% in H.Sc. (Pre Medical Group).
2. A-Level Students have to obtain an Equivalence Certificate from IBCC (Inter Board Committee of Chairmen). Equivalency must be a minimum of 60% with medical subjects (Biology, Physics, Chemistry).
Eligibility Criteria for Postgraduate Program
1. Admissions for MS/MD/MDS Programme in medical institutions of Punjab are being done under the Centralized induction program.
Students are offered multiple scholarships on the basis of merit/need base. A scholarship committee is looking after the affairs of financial aids and is headed by Prof. Muniza Qayyum (Pharmacology department). Deserving students are provided with appropriate financial aid. Following is the list of scholarships offered by the Fatima Jinnah Medical University:
1. Zakat Scholarship from Scholarship Committee AFJOG, The Esar Trust and Professional Education Foundation (PEF).
2. Loan/Qarz-e-Hasna From National Bank of Pakistan/Ali Garh old boys association.
3. Scholarships by financial assistance for medical graduates (FAMS) in the UK.
4. Merit scholarship by Punjab Education Endowment Fund (PEEF).
5. Scholarships by the Higher Education Commission (HEC).
6. Scholarships for students admitted on FATA, AJK, and Balochistan seats by Govt. of KPK, Kashmir Council & Bolan Medical College respectively.
7.Scholarships to foreign students by Economic Affairs Islamabad (EAI). 8. Tuition fee remission to 48 students by FJMU.
What’s your feedback on that?
#Fatima_Jinnah_Medical_University #FJMU #Lahore #Jaamiah
In order to provide support to the Students and Faculty in their research and projects Fatima Jinnah Medical University has the Office of Research, Innovation & Commercialization whose director is Prof. Tajammal Mustafa.
Seminars are held to keep students updated with technologies, the only textbook is not enough for students to improve their knowledge and skills. The seminar may be defined as a gathering of people to discuss a stated topic. Such gatherings are usually interactive sessions where the participants are engaged in discussions.