Bachelors of Medical Lab Technology (MLT)
It is a 4-year undergraduate degree program that is an Allied Health specialty dealing with the diagnosis and prevention of diseases through various tests. These tests support the medical physician to make a treatment plan in the correct direction. It includes advanced studies related to laboratory technology and microbiology with extensive lab training. The aspirants will get professional skills in the research and diagnostic process of the diseases. The prerequisite for this degree is FSc(pre-medical) or equivalent education (related subjects) with a minimum of 0% marks. The applicants may have to pass the entrance test of the university with the required percentage. Therefore, it is highly recommended to check the admission procedure and criteria of the university you have applied for.
- Molecular Biology (Theory + Lab)
- Chemical Pathology (Theory + Lab)
- Clinical Enzymology & Endocrinology (Theory + Lab)
- Clinical Virology (Theory + Lab)
- RBCs Disorders (Theory + Lab)
- Clinical Bacteriology (Theory + Lab)
- Immunology and Serology (Theory + Lab)
- Basic Biochemistry (Theory + Lab)
- Basic Physiology (Theory + Lab)
- Basic Anatomy (Theory + Lab)
- Intermediate (FSc Pre-Medical) or equivalent with 60% marks.
- 60% marks in the entrance exam conducted by the institute.
BS in medical lab technology is a highly technical medical sciences degree that enables the degree holder to perform laboratory tests proficiently. These tests control, diagnose, treat and prevent the diseases. In other words, it can be said that modern medical practice will be quite hard with laboratory testing techniques. Thus, the degree holder of BS MLT is the most required technical professional in government and private medical setups. The scope of work for these individuals is quite high in the medical sector. No laboratory can work without trained professionals that’s why trained professionals are in high demand. There are many laboratories in our countries that are famous for their authentic tests results and people prefer to go there. The reason behind this is the trained professional team that is well educated and well trained. The skilled degree holders always have a good scope in every field and in the medical field, only skilled and certified people can survive.