Dera Ismail Khan
Dera Ismail Khan commonly referred to as D. I. Khan, is the capital of the Dera Ismail Khan District in Pakistan’s Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Province. This charming city resides on the west bank of the Indus River.
Renowned educational institutes in D.I Khan include Gomal University, Qurtuba University, which provides higher education, while Cadet College D.I Khan offers admissions at secondary and intermediate levels. In addition, several other private schools and colleges are also providing their services in the area.
Universities in DI Khan
- Gomal University: Dera Ismail Khan’s Gomal University is a public university. It offers a wide range of B.S., MS, and PhD courses and programmes in various subjects. Students have access to a library, housing, sports programs, study abroad and exchange programmes, and even online courses and distance learning options—the Gomal University City Campus D.I.Khan hosts a variety of seminars and workshops for students.
- Qurtuba University: Qurtuba University is a well-known private sector university in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. Students benefit from the expertise of highly skilled academia. Its goal is to help teachers, leaders, and scholars succeed in their educational activities by providing support and empowerment.
- University of Agriculture, Dera Ismail Khan: It is a public sector university that aims to provide a comprehensive platform and a conducive environment for students for research and study to excel in their careers and become a positive addition to society.
Some facts about Dera Ismail Khan
- History: Dera Ismail Khan is named after Ismail Khan, a Bloch chief who arrived in the mid – 15th century. At the end of the 15th century. For 300 years, his descendants governed the city. “Dera” refers to a gathering area for people to engage in activities. A flood wiped out the old town in the mid 19th century, and the new village is four miles from the river’s permanent channel.
- Languages: The population is made up of ethnic Baloch and Pashtun groups and a large percentage of Urdu-speaking immigrants. Urdu, the official language, is generally spoken and understood, whereas Seraiki is the people’s native tongue. Pashto is also spoken. However, it is predominantly spoken by Pashtuns.
- Population: The district has an area of 9,334 km2 and a population of 1,627,132 as of the 2017 Census.
- Climate: The climate of Dera Ismail Khan is arid, with scorching summers and mild winters. Rain falls mainly during two seasons: late winter and early spring, from February to April, and monsoon, from July to August.
- Economic: Dera Ismail khan is blessed with fertile land, producing a wide variety of crops and fruits. Hence, the economy of the city dramatically relies on agriculture.
- Famous Foods: Chana Pulao, Pulao Gosht, Dahi Bhallay, Sohan Halwa, and Sobat are some of the most common foods of the D.I Khan. Sobat is the chief food in almost every house; it is a bowl of congregations.
- Chowgalla: The city is bordered by a wall and has four bazaars in the shape of a cross.
- The Sheikh Badin Hill: Going through the Indus highway to Dera Ismail Khan to Peshawar, The Sheikh Badin Hill is situated on the East of Pezu. It is a 2-hour drive from Dera Ismail Khan.
- Sulaiman mountain range: This mountain range is situated in the east of Dera Ismail Khan, overlooking the plain of the Indus River.
- Bilot Fort: One of the famous tourist destinations in the pre-Islamic fort called Bilot, located on a hill on Dera Ismail Khan. Bilot Fort is the site of many prehistoric temples located near Bilot Sharif.
- Bilout Ancient Temple: The Bilout Temple is located within the Bilot Fort, an old Hindu fort (or Kafirkot). The fortress has crumbled over time, but the temple has survived. The Bilout temple is built on a hill that rises above the surrounding land. Art pieces from the site have been shown in museums throughout Pakistan and the world. The British Museum houses one of Kafir Kot’s most remarkable collections.
Jaamiah works to provide the most up-to-date information, assisting you in finding the top institution in D.I Khan by providing tuition fees, accreditation details, videos, images, a location map, and community reviews and ratings. All universities and colleges in D.I Khan are listed on Jaamiah, filtered by subjects and tuition prices. Students seeking a degree in D.I Khan can select from a wide choice of programmes and certificates, earning Bachelor’s, Master’s, and PhD degrees from some of the city’s most prestigious schools. Some colleges also offer online courses, allowing students to register for distance study and achieve an online degree in various subjects. In addition, financial assistance is also available for needy students to make it easier for them to accomplish higher studies.