Muzaffarabad is part of Azad Jammu and Kashmir. It is the capital city of AJK and is located in a valley that is formed by the convergence of two rivers: Neelum and Jehlum. The city just like the rest of the region of Azad Jammu and Kashmir is just beautiful. The city has Indian occupied Kashmir on the eastern border whereas there is the province of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa on the western side of the district.
Muzaffarabad is one city that has one of the highest literacy rates of 72 percent, which is much higher than the national average literacy rate of Pakistan. Alif Ailan’s report ‘Pakistan District Education Ranking 2017’ has ranked Muzaffarabad district at sixth position among all the districts of Pakistan. This shows that the educational attainment levels are good in the city.
Facts about Universities in Muzaffarabad
- University of Azad Jammu and Kashmir is situated in Muzaffarabad.
- The university has good educational standards and this is recognized by HEC. HEC has ranked University of Azad Kashmir in 16th position among all the universities of Pakistan.
- The university was established in 1980 as a public sector university.
- In 2005, the university campus in Muzaffarabad was demolished due to the deadly earthquake. However, the university infrastructure was rebuilt by the Suadi Arabia’s help.
- The university imparts education to about 16, 000 students at a time.
- A wide range of programs such as sciences, arts, engineering and medical and health sciences are offered at the prestigious university.
- There are many public sector and private sector colleges in Muzaffarabad.
- The city has a cadet college as well. The cadet college accommodates students from all over the country.
The city is also a tourist place and there is an abundance of hostels. There are hostels available at all prices. The price varies with respect to the facilities as well as the location.
- Similarly, tuition fees are also roughly equal to the other major colleges and universities in the country
What is education like in Muzaffarabad?
- The literacy rate of the city of Muzaffarabad is 76.60 %.
- Formal education in Muzaffarabad is classified into five levels: primary school, secondary school, higher secondary school, intermediate school or college, and university.
- The overall standard of education at the colleges and university of Muzaffarabad is good as each year a lot of students clear national level competitive examination i.e. CSS from the city of Muzaffarabad. This bore witness to the quality of education provided in the colleges and universities of Muzaffarabad.
Quick Facts about Muzaffarabad
- The city lies at an elevation of 737 meters.
- According to the Pakistan Meteorological department, the highest temperature recorded in the Muzaffarabad city was in the month of July of 46.2⁰ C whereas the lowest temperature recorded in the city was -1.4⁰ C in the month of December.
- According to the 2017 Census, the city of Muzaffarabad has a population of about 149, 913.
- In 2005, the city along with the entire province was hit by a 7.6 magnitude earthquake that led to a great loss both in terms of men and material.
- The district of Muzaffarabad has two tehsils: Muzaffarabad and Pattika. The province was founded by a Bambo tribe leader, Sultan Muzaffar Khan.
- The city of Muzaffarabad has rain in winters as well as the summers.
- Muzaffarabad has a unique variety of food and cuisines. The special ‘Kulchas’ of Muzaffarabad are very popular food items.
Below is a comprehensive list of all major universities in Muzaffarabad. Here, Jaamiah provides reliable data and information on latest updates about tuition fees, accreditation details, videos, photos, location map, reviews of the community, and ratings. The purpose is to help you find the best university in Muzaffarabad.
All the universities and colleges in Muzaffarabad are detailed here on the Jaamiah Platform. You can look up the courses offered by the universities as well as their tuition fees. It allows students to select the best suitable university or college for their bachelor, masters or doctorate program from the comfort of your home. Also, the students can run a comparative data analysis to choose among the different universities in Muzaffarabad. Meanwhile, Jaamiah provides students with relevant information so as to enable them to decide whether the city is suitable and affordable for them to start and continue their education or not. Many universities in Muzaffarabad offer scholarships. Jaamiah informs students about these scholarships with timelines for applications as well.