National Conference On STEM Education: Practices and Prospects in Assessment and Evaluation
This two-day national workshop on STEM education has been organized by the Virtual University of Pakistan through its Office of Research, Innovation, &Commercialization (ORIC) and the Department of Education sponsored by the STEM Education British Council project. It’ll provide insight into different types of tests, test development, psychometrics, scoring, and grading systems with reference to STEM & online education.
Assessments and Evaluations are integral components of the education process serving as powerful tools/digital tools to measure student learning, guide instruction, and assist educational decision-making, and will help the participants to share their relevant ideas/work on a large scale. It’ll be a great opportunity to exchange knowledge, expertise, and ideas on developing and assessing question banks in an e-learning environment.
Themes of Conference
- Assessment in Online/Distance learning environment
- Assessment trends in STEM education
- Question bank development and Psychometric properties of the test
- Assessment & Evaluation in Higher Education
- Assessment on STEM Education: Principles, Policy & Practice
- Innovative approaches for developing assessment tools
- Large-scale assessment and its applications in STEM education
- High stake testing and its reflection on STEM education
- Scoring Guide and Grading in Education/Online Education
- Challenges in the application of digital tools in assessment and evaluation i.e. Kohot, Padlet, Moodle, etc.
• Deadline for Abstract Submission: August 28, 2023
• Full Paper Submission Deadline: September 25, 2023
• Notification of Full Paper/E-Poster Acceptance: October 10, 2023
• Presentation (PPT Slides) Submission Deadline: October 12, 2023
• On-Desk Registration: October 17-18, 2023 (08:00 AM-9:30 AM Both days subject to availability of seats)
• Conference Dates: October 17-18, 2023
For any queries and information, please email at [email protected] or dial 042-99201505 Ext: 8541, 8963.