- LocationUniversity of Veterinary and Animal Sciences - UVAS, Syed Abdul Qadir Jillani (Out Fall) Road, Lahore, Pakistan Click address for directions
- Phone +92-42-99211374
- Fax +92-42-99211461
- Email [email protected]
- Web Site http://uvas.edu.pk/index.php
University of Veterinary & Animal Sciences, Lahore
The University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Lahore (UVAS), is a public sector university located in Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan. It is accredited by the Pakistan Veterinary Medical Council (PVMC). It has additional teaching campuses in rural areas of the Punjab, Pattoki, and Jhang. Established in 1882, it is one of the oldest institutions of veterinary sciences and microbiology in Asia and one of the earliest institutions founded by Great Britain in the Indian subcontinent. It is affiliated with the Higher Education Commission (Pakistan) and Pakistan Veterinary Medical Council.
University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences – Admissions, Departments & Scholarships
The University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Lahore offers admission in different categories of programs including
3. Master Studies
4. Management Studies
Faculty of Veterinary Science
Faculty of Animal Production & Technology
Faculty of Biosciences
Faculty of Life Sciences Business Management
Faculty of Fisheries & Wildlife
The UVAS offers financial support to deserving talented students in different forms. Few merit scholarships are awarded every year. Scholarships are also offered by organizations such as the Board of Intermediate & Secondary Education, Fauji Foundation, Various District Councils, Industrial concerns, Punjab Zakat Department, Punjab Bait-ul-Mal Department, HEC need-based scholarship and Pakistan Banking Council. Similarly, scholarships are awarded to students of various provinces by their rules and regulations. Students are not eligible to receive more than one scholarship at a time out of the Government Revenues. Financial support is also available to students belonging to financially weak families.
What’s your feedback on that?
#UniversityofVeterinaryandAnimalSciences #UVAS #Lahore #Jaamiah
For research and development, the University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences has made different centers including I.T Centre, Pet Centre, and Business Incubation Centre. These centers serve students and faculty members with the best facilities to implement their innovative ideas and business plans.
The University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences is a renown institute for organizing seminars and workshops in every session for the benefit of the students as well as the faculty. Few of the already organized seminars/workshops includes:
1. International workshop on Animal Handling And Modeling For Advance Research 19,20 Dec 2018.
2. International Conference on Recent Advances In Clinical Research UVAS, Lahore, Pakistan 19-20 Dec 2017.
3. One-day seminar on ‘Lipidemia and Human Health’ by Prof. Dr. Khadija Ouguerram (University of Nantes, France) at the University of Veterinary & Animal Sciences, Lahore (24th March 2014).
4. Diagnosis and physiological control Strategies to control Diabetes Mellitus in a Seminar on Management of Diabetes Mellitus at GC University, Faisalabad.