- LocationUniversity of Engineering and Technology, G.T Road, Lahore, Pakistan Click address for directions
- Phone 042-99029216, 042-99029452,
- Email [email protected]
- Web Site https://uet.edu.pk/
University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore
The University of Engineering and Technology Lahore (UET) is the earliest Engineering Institution in Pakistan. It is a public sector university. The university is located in the Northern area of Lahore on the famous G.T Road close to the outstanding Shalimar Gardens that was created in the era of the Mughal Empire.
University of Engineering and Technology Lahore initiated its race in 1992 as the “Mughalpura Technical College”. Later on, it was transformed to “Maclagan Engineering college” named after Sir Edward Maclagan who settled the base stone of the main building in 1923. At that time only two courses were offered there;
– Mechanical Engineering
– Electrical engineering.
In 1932, the institution was recognized with the University of Punjab with a BS degree in Engineering. In 1947 it was offering a well-developed B.Sc. Degree Courses in Civil, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering.
To play a critical role as a university of Engineering and Technology in research, innovation, teaching, and commercialization is internationally significant and has a straight bearing on national industrial, socio-economic, and technological development.
University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore is affiliated with Higher Education Commission Pakistan Engineering Council, Pakistan Council for Architects and Town Planners, Washington Accor.
University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore – Admissions, Departments & Scholarships
UET Lahore offers admission in many disciplines.
Selection Criteria for Undergraduate Programs
1.12 years of education with a minimum of 50% marks.
2. DAE with at least 60% marks.
3. 50% marks in the entry test.
Selection Criteria for Graduate Programs
1.16 years of education with minimum CGPA 2.5/4.0 or 45% marks in annual system.
2. 50% in entry test.
Selection Criteria for Postgraduate Programs
1.18 years of field related education From HEC recognized university with at least CGPA 3.0/4.0 or first division in annual system.
2. GAT (subjective) or GRE subject with at least 60% marks.
– Pakistan Education Endowment Fund,
– HEC Need-Based Scholarship,
– Profession Education Foundation,
– NICT Scholarships,
– Pakistan Engineering Congress,
– Umar Aftab Memorial Trust Scholarship,
– Fauji Foundation Scholarship,
– Gurmani Foundation Scholarship,
– Lahore Chamber of Commerce,
– Coca Cola Scholarship,
– Nasir Usman Scholarships are the scholarships that are offered by the University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore.
What’s your feedback on that?
#UET #Lahore #Punjab #Jaamiah
Research is a crucial aspect of higher education and acts as a stimulant for the welfare of society. To support the research activities at the university, research assistants were provided to the graduate students. On the basis of an advance drive taken by HEC. The Directorates of Research, Extension and Advisory Services has been converted to the Office of research, Innovation, and Commercialization since 2012.
In this respect, ORIC operates many activities to support research, innovation, and commercialization at the university. Similarly organizing seminars on a weekly basis, providing an evaluation of research and other facilities regarding research activities, publications of faculty members, giving startups research grants to the faculty members.
Seminars and Workshops are necessary for the training of students and faculty. Following is a list of seminars and workshops conducted by the University of Engineering and Technology Lahore.
1. A workshop on “open-source Technologies“ organized by the Software Engineering Department of UET Lahore on 17 December 2007.
2. A seminar on “Energy Conservation” held on 10 March 2016.
3. International Workshop on “One Dimensional Nano-Structures” was organized on 18 December 2018.
4. A seminar on “Traffic Rules Awareness” held at UET on 13 December 2018.