- LocationUniversity of Engineering and Technology Abbottabad Click address for directions
- Phone (+92-992) 381700
- Fax (+92-91) 9216663
- Email [email protected]
- Web Site www.uetpeshawar.edu.pk/abbottabad.php
University of Engineering and Technology Peshawar, (UET) Abbottabad Campus
UET Abbottabad is located in KPK. Abbottabad is the capital city of Abbottabad District in the Hazara region of eastern Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan. It is about 120 kilometers north of Islamabad and Rawalpindi, and 150 kilometers east of Peshawar. Kashmir lies to the east. Abbottabad has one of the country’s highest literacy rates with 67% in 2007, and 87% in 2011 ranking first in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and second overall in Pakistan.
The city has a young demographic (ages 15–30) due to the large number of students who have come from across the country to study in its schools. The major language spoken in the Abbottabad district is Hindko (94.26% of the total population). Hindko sounds like Punjabi. Other languages spoken are Urdu, Pushto, and Punjabi. Abbottabad acts like a gateway, which leads to many other beautiful places in the Northern areas like Nathia Gali, Thandiani, and Bara Gali. Abbottabad is famous for its schools and colleges due to its pleasant atmosphere.
UET Abbottabad provides degree programs including B.Sc Electronics Engineering and Bachelor of Architecture, City and Regional Planning are offered in the Abbottabad Campus. The campus also has various laboratories including Basic Electrical Engineering Laboratory, Electronic Laboratory, and Computer Laboratory.
UET Abbottabad Campus- Admissions, Departments, and Scholarships
UET Abbottabad offers admissions in several disciplines and student selection is strictly based on merit and criteria. Students can apply online.
Selection criteria for undergraduate program
– Candidate should have completed 12 years of education.
– Candidate should obtain 50% marks in the Entry test.
Selection Criteria for Graduate Program
– Candidate should have completed 16 years of education.
– Obtain 50% marks in ETEA GAT General Test Obtain 50% marks in Department subject Test.
Selection Criteria for the Postgraduate Program
– Candidate should have completed a Master’s degree 70% marks in Entry test and departmental test.
– Admissions open in march. Postgraduate students have to take the GRE General type test, organized by University Appointed Testing Authority (UATA).
Scholarships contribute to student success by allowing for more financial flexibility in terms of the need for a student to hold a job throughout their degree. Scholarships are provided to deserving students to make heir dream real, UET Abbottabad Campus also helps by giving;
1. Fee Concession and Other Financial Assistance.
2. Free Ship in Rationalized Fee.
3. Merit Scholarships.
4. HEC Need-based scholarships.
5. In-affordability Scholarship.
What’s your feedback on that?
#UET #AbbottabadCampus #Jaamiah
Universities involved in research and development play an important role in the process of invention, innovation, and commercialization. Faculty and students at UET Abbottabad Campus research different fields including earthquake engineering, urban infrastructure planning, climate change, green technologies, intelligent systems and networks, telecom engineering, alternate energy resources, mining engineering, mechatronics, and industrial engineering.
University of Engineering and Technology, Peshawar Abbottabad Campus has organized different seminars related to technology that help students to play their roles in different fields. These events are beneficial as they provide factual information.