Sindh Agriculture Univeristy, Tandojam Hyderabad, Sindh Pakistan Click address for directions
- Phone + 92-22-2765870, + 92-22-2765870
- Fax + 92-22-3405300
- Email [email protected], sau.edu.pk
- Web Site https://sau.edu.pk/
Sindh Agriculture University (SAU), Tandojam
Sindhi Agriculture University, is in Tango Jam town at 18 km from Hyderabad, on the Hyderabad-Mirpurkhas highway. It provides agriculture education and now is working hard to improve its education quality and motivate its students to face the challenges in the agriculture sector. Its motto is Sustainable Agriculture for Food Security. Sindh Agriculture University is recognized by HEC and is a degree awarding institute.
The Crop Production Faculty is committed to the prepare its students for the global community through its immense research and prestigious educational programs for supporting our sustainable agriculture systems that feed diverse communities, economy and a healthy environment in which people live.
The students of graduates programs and as well as postgraduates programs will have diverse opportunities in many agriculture disciplines and also in allied sciences in the organization, which are in public and private sector, autonomous and semi-autonomous bodies viz, Zarai Tarqiati Bank of Pakistan (ZTBP), Pakistan Agricultural Research Council (PARC), Pakistan Council for Research on Water Resources (PCRWR), WAPDA, Fruit Preservation, and Food Industries.
Students are also employed in the Agriculture provincial and federal departments, Cooperatives, Forestry, Seed Corporations, EPA, SCARP, Research, Teaching, Federal Seed Certification Department (FSCD), Pakistan Central Cotton Committee, Public Parks, Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission, Sindh Sugar Corporation and many other departments. Pakistan Broadcasting, other corporations and commercial banks, National Planning Commission, USAID, FAO, LEAD, National Talent Pool and agriculture consultancy firms and etc.
Sindh Agriculture University Admissions, Departments and Scholarships
The admission at Sindh Agriculture University opens in November. Students can apply online. The university assigns the entry test date of UHS, EATEA or NTS depends on the field in which student is applying, with its location and roll no. to the students.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMS
1. The students who scored a minimum 50% score in metric/O levels and 60% in intermediate.
2. Students who scored 50% in the entry test.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR GRADUATE PROGRAMS
1. Students who scored a minimum of 2.2 CGPA in the undergraduate program.
2. Students who scored 50% in GAT general test.
3. The selected students will be screened during the interview.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMS
1. Students who scored a minimum of 3 CGPA in the graduate program.
2. Students who scored 50% in the GAT subject test.
3. The selected students will be screen during the interview.
Providing scholarships is a necessity and every education insitute should grant scholarships to its bright students. The students who are finanically restrict can also have an access to these scholarships so that they can get quality education. In present following of these are provided
1.HEC need-based scholarship
2. AAK scholarship
What’s your feedback on that?
#SAU #Tandojam #Jaamiah
The research atmosphere is encouraged and the gap between researchers and practitioners is filled, contributing a lot to the country’s development. The Collaboration of this institute with other research organizations has generated a lot of funds for the research project.
University gives a discount to its own students and faculty to participate in these events. Seminars and workshops also bring attendees from different cultures and organizations to interact. This enhances the network connection. Individuals are also able to absorb as much information as possible.
The following events are held.
1. Home Preservation of Fruits & Vegetables (For Rural Women).
2. Technology Transfer for Production of Bakery Products for Rural Masses (for Rural Men).
3. Quality Improvement Technologies for Fruits & Vegetables for Womenfolk. (for Rural Women).
4. Onion Production and Product Preparation Technologies for Agribusiness for growers of Sindh District Matyari, (for Rural Men).
5. Seminar on Climate Change Issues and Challenges and opportunities for landless peasant and farmer communities of Sindh.
6. Training Program on Integrated Pest Management for Small Farmers of Coaster Area.