- LocationSZABIST 90 and 100، Block 5 Clifton, Karachi, Karachi City, Sindh 75600 Click address for directions
- Phone (021) 111 922 478
- Fax (021) 35830446
- Email [email protected]
- Web Site http://khi.szabist.edu.pk/index.html
Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Institute Of Science & Technology , Karachi
The Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Institute of Science and Technology (SZABIST) is a private sector institute situated in Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan, and was founded in 1995. SZABIST has the following objectives producing highly qualified, scientific, and technical personnel to meet the country’s requirements. SZABIST in HEC recent Quality –Based Ranking has ranked as one of the best business schools of Pakistan. As well as SZABIST is graded as an “Outstanding” institute and awarded “6 stars”, the highest-ranking by the Chartered Inspection and Evaluation Committee (CIEC). Similarly, the Mechatronic Engineering department is graded as “Worldclass” and awarded “7 Stars”, while the Department of Management Sciences, Computing, Social Sciences, Media Sciences, and Biosciences independently ranked as “Outstanding”.
SZABIST is affiliated with Higher Education Commission, Pakistan Engineering Council, University of London International Programs, Association of Commonwealth University, Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education, Larkana.
SZABIST, Karachi – Admissions, Departments & Scholarships
SZABIST offers education in undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate programs. the selection criteria for the programs are as follows
Selection Criteria for Undergraduate Programs
1. 12 years of education with a minimum of 50% marks.
2. 50% marks in entry test.
Selection Criteria for Graduate Programs
1. 16 years of education with minimum CGPA 2.5/4.0 or 55% marks in annual system.
2. 50% in entry test.
Selection Criteria for Postgraduate Programs
1. 18 years of field related education From HEC recognized university with at least CGPA 3.0/4.0 or first division in annual system.
2. GAT (subjective) or GRE subject with at least 60% marks.
Almost 80% of SZABIST offers financial support every year. Therefore SZABIST grants students with SZABIST Need-Based, SZABIST Merit-Based, Sindh Endowment Fund, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Endowment Funds, HEC USAID Merit and Need-Based, Ihsan Trust’s Qarz-e-Hasna Bank Facility, and many more sponsored scholarships.
What’s your feedback on that?
Research is a significant aspect which leads to development and stability of the state along with the advancement of the university itself. If used in an organised and meaningful way, it may aid in matters of social welfare as well. The Office of Research, Innovation, and Commercialization were developed at SZABIST. The aim of ORIC is as defined by HEC “Remodeling Pakistani Institutes to encourage Innovation, Research, and Entrepreneurship. Likewise, ORIC’s objective is to facilitate and manage Pakistan’s modification to a knowledge-based economy on the basis of innovation and entrepreneurship. Furthermore, ORIC was developed to connect research and commercialization with rising and currently available firms.
Seminars and workshops provide a platform for students to practice their talents and tone their skills. Various seminars and workshops are organized at SZABIST for their students.
1. Seminar on “Banking Products, Market Size, and Efficiency” held on 12 May 2018.
2. Seminar on “CPEC and the Emerging Economies” conducted on 11 May 2018.
3. Seminar on “Teamwork, Leadership, Quality, and Development” held on 12 April 2018.