- LocationShaheed Mohtarama Benazir Bhutto Medical University Larkana, Larkana Click address for directions
- Phone +92-74-9410907
- Email [email protected]
- Web Site https://www.smbbmu.edu.pk/
Shaheed Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto Medical University
Shaheed Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto Medical University (SMBBMU) is a government medical college, located in Larkana. The institute has top tier faculty, well-equipped labs with standardized equipment.
Students come from different backgrounds but they share the same characteristics and skills when they graduate, including communication skills, listening skills, writing skills, diagnosing skills, resilience, compassion, and many others.
SMBBMU is recognized by PM&DC, UHS, CPSP and has produced Pakistan’s leading doctors, working in diverse fields. It is a 300 bedded hospital with various departments.
SMBBMU – Admissions, Departments & Scholarships
The admission in SMBBMU opens in September. Students can download the application from the official website and apply for MBBS, BDS or both, Pharm D, nursing, etc. The university will then assign the entry date and its location. Students will be also given their specific roll no. for their test.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMS
1. The students who scored minimum 60% score in metric/O levels and in intermediate.
2. Students who scored 50% in the entry test.
3. Selected students will be an interview for screening purposes.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR GRADUATE PROGRAMS
1. Students who scored a minimum of 2.2 CGPA in the undergraduate program.
2. Students who scored 50% in GAT general test.
3. The selected students will be screened during the interview.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMS
1. Students who scored a minimum 3 CGPA in the graduate program.
2. Students who scored 50% in the GAT subject test.
3. The selected students will be screen during the interview.
1. Need-cum-Merit Based Scholarship
2. Merit scholarships
3. HEC need-based scholarship
What’s your feedback on that?
Students can either go in the research field or clinical field. The research is diverse and based on many diseases, their cure, and other medical applications. SMBBMU funds for the research projects. Many of the students have done diverse publications in popular magazines and journals.
The seminars and workshops are based on various topics but the majority in SMBBMU are related to medicines. A lot of drugs and medicines companies sponsor these events and promote their medicines. The Food institutes also promote their food products for kids that are medically approved.