- LocationPMAS-Arid Agriculture University Rawalpindi, Shamsabad, Muree Road Rawalpindi - Pakistan. Click address for directions
- Phone +92-51-9062113
- Fax +92-51-9290459
- Email [email protected]
- Web Site www.uaar.edu.pk
Pir Mehr Ali Shah Arid Agriculture University Rawalpindi
PMAS Arid University was established in 1994, it is located in Rawalpindi. The university is ranked at No. 2 in Agriculture/Veterinary category as per the HEC and 7th overall in the ranking of universities in Pakistan. Arid Agriculture University offers a degree program leading to Bachelor, Master, and Ph.D. in disciplines together with Food Science & Technology, Computer Sciences, Pure Sciences Management Sciences, Animal Sciences, Agriculture, Veterinary, Social Sciences, and alternative Arts and Fine Arts programs.The mission of the university is to produce high-quality agricultural scientists and to form an organized scientific infrastructure for teaching and research for the development of dry land regions of the country.
Admission criteria are very selective and competitive.
Selection Criteria for Undergraduate Programs
- 1.The Candidate passed 12 years of field related education.
- 2.With at least a second division from any registered institution.
- 3.50% marks in entry test.
Selection Criteria for Graduate Programs
- 1.The Candidate passed 16 years of education.
- 2.With aggregate 45% in the annual system and 2.5 CGPA in the semester system.
- 3.50% marks in the entry test.
Faculty of crops And Food Sciences
Faculty of Sciences
Faculty of Forestry, Range Management Wildlife
Faculty of Social Sciences
University Institute of Information Technology
Faculty of veterinary And Sciences
Institute of Geo-Information & Earth Observation
Institute of Food and Nutritional Science
Institute of Bio-Chemistry And Bio-Technology
Scholarships need students to keep up sensible grades so as to stay them, it takes an excellent deal of responsibility to use them effectively.
2.The Punjab Education Endowment fund
3.USAID Funded Merit
4.HEC Need-based scholarship
What’s your feedback on that?
#PMASAU #Rawalpindi #Jaamiah
PMAS plays a major role in the field of research. Provided complete services that facilitate and support all shapes of analysis & innovation development from initial funding through to commercialization wherever seized. PMAS contributed to approximately 110 analyses comes. Academic advisors need to be aware of their students’ potential interest in research as a career, as a work-experience opportunity, or in the classroom. The adviser can intermittently gauge interest in research during students’ meetings, and when necessary, provide the right guidance about getting involved.
The workshop helps the students to overcome the barrier which the face during professional life. These activities increase the confidence level. There are also many advantages apart from acquiring knowledge. By taking seminars in front of their teachers and friends, the students will be able to talk before a crowd later in their life without any difficulty. Also, they can learn about their mistakes and can improve their seminar presentation skills. It is actually a great chance for the students to improve their skills within their curriculum.
- 1.The Quality Enhancement Cell organized a Training Workshop on Quality Assurance and Self-Assessment of Programs.
- 2. The Department of Horticulture Organized the Spring Flower Festival 2015.
- 3. Workshop on “IT Equipment Management Skills” for Administrative/Non-teaching Staff.
- 4. University organized the World Water Day on March 22, 2014.
- 5. Android App. Development Workshop on April 15-16, 2014.