The Pakistan Institute of Development Economics was founded in Karachi in1957, and the Government of Pakistan granted it the status of an independent research institution in 1964. It is dedicated to theory and practice study in Development Economics in general, and specifically on Pakistan-related economic challenges. Apart from giving economic policy-makers a strong academic foundation, its research also provides a window through which the outside world may see Pakistan’s economic research’s scope and direction.
PIDE is based on the Quaid-i-Azam University Campus in Islamabad, Pakistan’s capital. The campus is set up at the backdrop of the Margalla Hills on the Potohar Plateau, not far from the ruins of Taxila, the site of the world’s oldest university. The Institute, which is located next to numerous other academic institutions in this historic and attractive portion of the forested hillsides of the great South Asian Mountain ranges, is the center of economic and social scientific study in this region of the world.
PIDE was awarded degree-awarding status in November 2006, and our major priority currently is to deliver quality education that is financially affordable but of world-class standard in this region, as well as a highly dynamic learning atmosphere.
Other Univerisities You Might be Interested
PIDE offers graduate and post-graduate programs in various disciplines. Applicants will be selected on the basis of their performance in the admission test, interview, academic record, research publications, and letters of recommendation, and statement of purpose. The eligibility criteria are;
1. BS/MSc in relevant degree with at least 2.5-3 CGPA (First Division) from a recognized institution will be eligible to apply for admission
2. Students without relevant backgrounds need to take additional courses (non-credit) to make up for the deficiency.
1. BS/MSc/MS/MPhil in relevant degree with at least 3 CGPA (First Division) from a recognized institution will be eligible to apply for admission.
2. Applicants will be selected on the basis of their performance in the admission test, interview,
Following degree programs are being offered here. Please click on (+) icon to expand the view. Click on the individual degree program name to get the complete details.
PIDE offers a number of scholarships to students. These include
– HEC Need-Based Scholarship
– PIDE Endowment Fund
– Need-Based Scholarship
– KPK Endowment Fund
– Punjab Education Endowment
– NEST Scholarship
– Pakistan Bait Ul Mal Scholarship
– Prime Minister Fee Reimbursement Scheme
Search for International Scholarships