NED University of Engineering and Technology, Karachi
The NED University of Engineering and Technology is a public university in Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan. The university offers programs in engineering, science and architecture for undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral studies. It is a member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities of the United Kingdom.
The institute aims to develop curiosity in students among the science and natural world. The students are able to acquire the conceptual understanding and knowledge and skills for problem-solving. The graduates are also able to draw scientific evaluation to draw the conclusion in their field.
The admissions open in July-August. Students can apply online. The university will then assign the test date and the location of the test. Students will be also given their specific roll no.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMS
1. The students who scored a minimum 50% score in matric/O levels and in intermediate.
2. Students who scored 50% in the entry test.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR GRADUATE PROGRAMS
1. Students who scored a minimum of 2.2 CGPA in the undergraduate program.
2. Students who scored 50% in GAT general test.
3. The selected students will be screened during the interview.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMS
1. Students who scored a minimum 3 CGPA in the graduate program.
2. Students who scored 50% in the GAT subject test.
3. The selected students will be screen during the interview.
1. Merit Scholarship Board of Intermediate Karachi
2. Begum Shahnaz Hashmi / Mr. Zafar Alam Hashmi Financial Aid
3. ASHRAE Scholarship
4. NED Scholar’s Scholarship
5. Azmatullah Scholarship
6. Bhaimia Foundation Financial Aid / Scholarship
7. Fazul ur Rehman Siddiqui Scholarship
8. Interest-Free Loan / Qarz-e-0 Hasna, Ihsan Trust, Meezan Bank
9. Scholarship for Minority Student
What’s your feedback on that?
The university is enhancing its research in engineering and allied discipline. The university also aims to increases its research productivity. There are many reputed publications and their number is increased every year. Students are also given the right to bring innovative ideas related to their field.
A few days workshops are held in the university for the students, to gain skills regarding different research techniques or software techniques. The seminars are held on the topics which are facing the major problem. Such seminars focus on problems and steps to inhibit them.
1. 5 Days Training Course on Integrated Coastal Management
2. Symposium on Development of Climate Change Postgraduate Degree Program
World Earth Day
1. Tree Plantation Event
2. Orientation program of Independent Study Project (ISP) for M.Engg. & MEM (Weekend Program)