National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences, Peshawar Click address for directions
- Phone 03341128128, 03351128128, 03361128128.
- Email [email protected], [email protected]
- Web Site http://pwr.nu.edu.pk
The National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences, Peshawar campus was developed in 2001. The architectural design of the campus is just like the architectural design of the Lahore and Karachi campus. The campus is enriched with green grounds that are surrounding the campus and enhancing the beauty of the campus. The campus is situated in Industrial Estate, Hayatabad best place for students to find the residence in hostels. Also, the Khyber Pass is a few kilometers away from the campus.
The campus is proving all the facilities of the modern world to their students. Including internet facility, multi-media, and fully air-conditioned classrooms, equipped laboratories, library, seminar hall, etc. Also, the campus provides facilities for co-curricular activities like indoor, outdoor games, different clubs, and societies.
The aim of the campus is to produce intelligent, enthusiastic, brilliant, ethically guided, research-oriented, community-oriented, and self-motivated graduates that will help them to compete and to take good positions in the industry. And also work for the welfare of the country.
Those who have taken the HSSC or an equivalent exam and are awaiting results are also eligible to apply.
Selection Criteria for Undergraduate Programs
- At least 60% marks in SSC (Matric) or an equivalent examination
- At least 60% marks in the FSC or an equivalent examination.
- At least 50% marks in entry test
Selection Criteria for Graduate Programs
- A degree in Science / Engineering earned from a recognized university after 16 years of education.
- At least 60% marks or CGPA of at least 2.0 (on a scale of 4.0).
- At least 50% in the entry test.
Selection Criteria for Postgraduate Programs
- A degree in a relevant subject, from a recognized university after 18 years of relevant education
- At least 70% marks (in the Annual System) or CGPA of at least 3.0 (on a scale of 4.0)
- The applicant must have a Master’s degree with coursework and Thesis.
- GAT (subjective) or GRE subject with at least 60% marks.
Fulbright Scholarship Program, NICT – Scholarship Program, HEC-JICA Scholarship, Indigenous Ph.D. Fellowship Program etc.and many more are scholarships that are offered by Peshawar Campus.
Research and Development
ORIC was established to give its services in the research, development, innovation, commercialization, capacity building and to provide facilities to the researchers. Similarly, in order to organize seminars and workshops for the welfare of students and faculty. ORIC developed following centers
- Decision Support Systems Group
- NuSyS: National University Systems and Simulations Group
- Center for Research in High-Performance Reconfigurable Computing etc.
Seminars and Workshops
- “Freelancing Seminar” by HEC (NCEAC) at Peshawar Campus held on 28 September 2018.
- Seminar on “Career Counseling & Facilities available at FAST Peshawar Campus” at ICMS college held on 22 February 2018.
- FAST-NU Peshawar Campus organized a seminar on “Introduction to Computing & Robotics” on 29 November 2017.