National Skills University, Islamabad
Public Sector Ι Chartered by Government of Pakistan
The Federal Government established the National Technical Teachers’ Training College (NTTTC) in 1985 under ADB assisted Technical Education Project for quantitative and qualitative improvement of Technical Education in the country. Similarly, the Federal Government established an Institute for Promotion of Science Education and Training (IPSET) in 1989 for qualitative improvement of Science Education in the country. Later, in 1997 the Federal Government merged NTTTC and IPSET and renamed it as the National Institute of Science and Technical Education (NISTE) and declared it a Subordinate office of the then Ministry of Education.
In 2010, after the 18th amendment in the Constitution, the Federal Government decided to upgrade NISTE into Degree Awarding Institute (DAI) to offer various undergraduate and graduate-level engineering technologies programs to meet the requirement of the industry of the country. In the light of international and particularly the regional trends, the Government decided to upgrade NISTE into National Skills University (NSU) to meet the technical human resources requirements of industry and other sectors of the economy.
The Parliament of Pakistan approved the Act to upgrade NISTE into National Skills University, Islamabad on March 07, 2018, and subsequently, the President of Pakistan approved NSU Charter on March 12, 2018. The main objective of establishing the first-ever National Skills University is to produce a substantial number of high-quality graduate and post-graduate technologists professionals in a variety of current disciplines to meet the national demands.
Other Univerisities You Might be Interested
How to Apply
- Candidates should register and fill in all the requisite information through an online application
- Applicants should print the completed application form and submit it along with all the required documents either by post or personally to the university admissions office.
- Submission of an incomplete application form will not be considered for admission.
- Submission of false information will lead to cancellation of admission or even awarded certificate.
- A hard copy with all requisite documents as instructed in the online application form should reach the university admission office before the closing date.
- BSc Civil Engineering Technology – candidates must have an Intermediate in Engineering/Computer Science Or DAE in relevant technology
- BSc Electrical Engineering Technology– candidates must have an Intermediate in Engineering/Computer Science Or DAE in relevant technology
- BSc Information Engineering Technology – candidates must have an Intermediate in Engineering/Computer Science Or DAE in relevant technology
- BSc Mechanical Engineering Technology – candidates must have an Intermediate in Engineering/Computer Science Or DAE in relevant technology
- BS Medical Laboratory Technology – intermediate with Pre-Medical/Medical Laboratory Technology
- BS Mathematics – intermediate with Mathematics Or DAE
For all BSc/BS programs admission, students must have secured at least 50% marks in intermediate examination OR any other examination of a Foreign University/Institution/Examining Body equivalent to admission defined criteria (Equivalence and percentage of marks will be determined and verified by the IBCC. It will be applicant’s responsibility to get all verified/certified credentials).
Following degree programs are being offered here. Please click on (+) icon to expand the view. Click on the individual degree program name to get the complete details.
Please visit the Student Affairs office of the National Skills University to get the update on currently available scholarships.
Search for International Scholarships
Recieve latest admission updates & news!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.