Military College of Engineering (MCE) Risalpur Cantt (KP), Pakistan Click address for directions
- Phone (0923) 631667, 0332 9496940, +92-51-90851099, 92-923-631459
- Fax +92-923-681233510
- Email [email protected], [email protected]
- Web Site http://www.nust.edu.pk/INSTITUTIONS/Colleges/MCE/AboutUs/Pages/Welcome-To-MCE.aspx
Military College of Engineering, MCE, (NUST) Risalpur
The Military College of Engineering, MCE is an engineering college of NUST is located at Risalpur in KPK. It is established in 1948 by Pakistan Army. MCE is affiliated with NUST and Pakistan Engineering Council. Most of the students of MCE serve in the Pakistan Army Engineering corps. It offers many courses for cadets as well as for civilians. The mission of the MCE is to create high-quality civil engineers for the development of the country. The college is affiliated with NUST and Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC).
The college is known for its brilliance in delivering knowledge and professionalism. MCE has the privilege of producing 3,648 engineering graduates including around 60 international students, from which 253 students completed their Masters and over 50 did their Ph.D.’s from some of the best universities of the country and world. The motto of the college is “A Center of Excellence for Quality Education and Research”.
In 1948, after independence, the School of Military Engineering (SME) was set up in Sialkot, Punjab. After its run successfully for four years, the college was moved to Risalpur in 1952. It started classes of Bachelor of Engineering, civil engineering, and combat-related studies. It was then converted into a college. In 1958, the college was renamed as Military College of Engineering (MCE). It holds the title for the charter of self degree-awarding and autonomous institution status by the Government of Pakistan.
Military College of Engineering, Risalpur is known as one of the best institutes of civil engineering in Pakistan. Its students serve in the Pakistan Army Engineering corps, while other civil students are employed in big firms and engineering companies around the globe. The institute has other wings too – Military Engineering Service (MES), Combat Engineering Wings, Disaster Management, and EOD Wing.
Military College of Engineering, MCE, (NUST) Risalpur- Admissions, Departments, and Scholarships
Admission in NUST is purely on a merit-based and previous academic career. Civilians have to pass an entrance test, they pay full fee, join as NCs, and graduate as engineers after 4 years. The merit list is displayed online. Students from Pakistan Army families are eligible to get admission on open merit.
Selection Criteria for Undergraduate Programs
1. Applicants must have 12 years of education with at least 60% marks from a recognized institute.
2. Students having O/A-level or any foreign qualification must provide an equivalence certificate by the Intermediate Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC).
Selection Criteria for Graduate Programs
1. Applicants must have completed 16-years of education with 60% marks.
2. GAT-General with a minimum 50% cumulative score will be required.
Selection Criteria for Post-Graduate Programs
1. 18-years of the relevant field with CGPA 3.0/4.0 or 3.75/5.0 (Semester System) and first division (Annual System).
2. GRE (Subject) as per the policy of HEC or NTS GAT (Subject) with a minimum score of 60%.
NUST offers the following Scholarships and financial aid for the financially challenged students and other students as well. Merit-based and need-based scholarships are available along with the welfare funds for students from KP, FATA, and Balochistan. Scholarships include,
1. Need-Based Financial Aid
2. Indigenous Scholarships for Students of Balochistan and FATA
3. Punjab Educational Endowment Fund (PEEF) Scholarships
4. Frontier Education Foundation (FEF) Scholarships 5. Financial Assistance for Undergraduate Students 6. Assistance-ship for Postgraduate Students
Research is the central and the most important part of university education in Pakistan and other countries as well. University should provide a platform for the students which helps them to discover new techniques of creative innovations. The mission of NUST is to coordinate with students for research and development at the national and international levels as well. In MCE different research groups have different areas of interest. Like Geotechnical and Geo-Mechanical Engineering Group has research focused on Management of blast associated risks, Earthquake engineering, Geo-mechanical instrumentation, decision making using micro-electro-mechanical sensors and artificial intelligence, Geo-hazards, and tunneling.
Seminars and workshops are essential for students, teachers, and others as well. It helps to keep the person updated about new trends and technologies. It is important for every university to arrange seminars and workshops for its students. Seminars are held on different engineering fields, benefits in Army Corps, and international opportunities.