- LocationLasbela University of Agriculture, Water and Marine Sciences , Uthal, District Lasbela, Balochistan Click address for directions
- Phone 0853-610770
- Email [email protected]
- Web Site http://www.luawms.edu.pk/
Lasbela University of Agriculture, Water and Marine Sciences (LUAWMS), Uthal Main Campus
The Lasbela University of Agriculture, Water and Marine Sciences (LUAWMS Uthal) is a public sector university that is located in Uthal, Lasbela District, Balochistan, Pakistan that was founded in 2005 and is affiliated with HEC. For utilizing the agricultural resources, conserving the water resources, and exploiting the marine assets. LUAWMS Uthal provides opportunities for skilled professionals who are critical needs of Pakistan particularly Balochistan. The institute is fascinating to the students through its research activities. It provides a conducive environment for learning to the students so that they can explore their capabilities.
LUAWMS Uthal – Admissions, Departments & Scholarships
LUAWMS Uthal gives equal freedom for admission in all programs on merit base and district wise quota system without any difference of race, religion, gender, and color.
Selection Criteria for Undergraduate Programs
1. 12 years of education with a minimum of 50% marks.
2. 50% marks in entry test.
Selection Criteria for Graduate Programs
1. 16 years of education with minimum CGPA 2.5/4 or 45% marks in annual system.
2. 50% in entry test.
Selection Criteria for Postgraduate Programs
1. 18 years of field related education From HEC recognized university with at least CGPA 3.0/4.0 or first division in annual system.
2. GAT (subjective) or GRE subject with at least 60% marks.
Faculty of Agriculture
Faculty of Marine Sciences
Faculty of Veterinary & Marine Sciences
Faculty of Engineering Sciences & Technology
Faculty of Education
Faculty of Languages & Literature
Faculty of Management & Social Sciences
LUAWMS offers different scholarships for the students. Some of the scholarships are listed below.
-Professional Education Foundation Scholarships/Zakat for VAS and Agriculture Scholarships.
-NEST (Iqbal Scholarship).
-USAID Funded Merit and Need-based scholarships are offered by LUAWMS Uthal to help needy and deserving students.
What’s your feedback on that?
#LASBELA #Balochistan #Jaamiah
The objective of LUAWMS Uthal is to develop and assist dynamic research for economic prosperity. For enhancing research and the process of knowledge development, research centers are working to increase the percentage of cited research publications.
Also to achieve high standards of research, the researchers are highly motivated and facilitated to improve the progress of research. For this purpose, the Office of Research, Innovation, and Commercialization (ORIC) was developed at LUAWMS. ORIC aims to provide critical and practical support for research activities.
Seminars and workshops are important for the students and faculty to improve their skills. These events are held yearly basis and the schedule is provided to students. LUAWMS Uthal has organized many seminars and workshops until now.
1. Two days workshop on “Under Plagiarism, HEC Plagiarism Policy and use of TURNITIN” organized by QEC LUAWMS on 13-14 September 2018.
2. Two days awareness workshop on “Self Assessment Report of Degree Program- A tool for improving the Quality of Education” organized by QEC LUAWMS on 21-22 February 2019.