- LocationLahore College for Women University, Jail Road, Lahore, Pakistan Click address for directions
- Phone +92-42-99203801-9
- Fax +92-42-99203077
- Email [email protected]
- Web Site http://www.lcwu.edu.pk
Lahore College for Women University (LCWU) is one of the renowned university of Pakistan. LCWU is situated in Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan.
In 1990 , there were only six fields in masters. Presently with the status of university, LCWU is giving degrees at graduate, postgraduate and doctoral levels, with the enlistment of approximately 13000 and even more students. LCWU was developed in 1922 as an intermediate residential college with approximately 60 students. In 1950 the student’s numbers were increased to 600.
MoU with different national industries and contacts with foreign universities have been developed in the fields of mass communication and gender, environmental science, fine arts, pharmacy, electronics, development science, and economics. Keeping in mind the value of science in the modern era, LCWU accordingly is trying to achieve the challenges of today’s women.
LCWU is affiliated with HEC and PEC.
LCWU offers admission to many programs.
Selection Criteria for Undergraduate Programs
1.12 years of education with a minimum of 50% marks.
2. 50% marks in entry test
Selection Criteria for Graduate Programs
1. 16 years of education with minimum CGPA 2.5/4.0 or 45% marks in annual system.
2. 50% in entry test.
Selection Criteria for Postgraduate Programs
1. 18 years of field related education From HEC recognized university with at least CGPA 3.0/4.0 or first division in annual system.
2. GAT (subjective) or GRE subject with at least 60% marks.
Grants are accessible to the students on merit and need-base. Some of the scholarships are listed below
1. HEC Need-Based Scholarships
2. Prime Minister National ICT Scholarships
3. Scottish Scholarships PS3 Program
4. PEEF Scholarships
5. PEC Scholarships
6. Lahore Based Scholarships
8. Hijri Scholarship
9. Pakistan Bail-ul-Mal Scholarship
10. Pak-USAID Merit and Need-Based Scholarships
What’s your feedback on that?
#LCWU #Lahore #Jaamiah
The Office of Research, Innovation, and Commercialization (ORIC) is playing its crucial role in satisfying the quality of research and follows international standards. So that ORIC was developed in 2012 with the intention to offer critical and viable strength to the university research activities and programs. Similarly, ORIC boosts the environment for research activities through stimulating entrepreneurship, technology transfer and commercialization of research activities that strengthen the local and national economy. As well as it gives awareness about property rights, forming business plans, support consul-ties and developing connections with industries.
Seminars and workshops are very important for students to gain knowledge from experts in their field of interest.
1. A workshop on ”Museum studies and Planning” conducted by DFDI at LCWU from 5th-7th August 2014.
2. A workshop on “Developing a Researchers-The Entire Research Process” conducted by DFDI at LCWU 26th-27th June 2014.
3. An international Research workshop on “Developing a Researcher-The Entire Research Process” organized by DFDI from 11th-12th June 2014.