Lahore College for Women University, Jail Road, Lahore, Pakistan Click address for directions
- Phone +92-42-99203801-9
- Fax +92-42-99203077
- Email [email protected]
- Web Site http://www.lcwu.edu.pk
Lahore College for Women University (LCWU), Lahore
Lahore College for Women University (LCWU) is one of the renowned universities of Pakistan. LCWU is situated in Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan. In 1990, there were only six fields in masters. Presently with the status of university, Lahore College for Women University is giving degrees at graduate, postgraduate and doctoral levels, with the enlistment of approximately 13000 and even more students.
Lahore College for women was developed in 1922 as an intermediate residential college with approximately 60 students. In 1950 the student’s numbers were increased to 600. MoU with different national industries and contacts with foreign universities have been developed in the fields of mass communication and gender, environmental science, fine arts, pharmacy, electronics, development science, and economics.
Keeping in mind the value of science in the modern era, Lahore College for Women University accordingly is trying to achieve the challenges of today’s women. Last but not least, this renowned university is affiliated with HEC and as well as PEC.
Lahore College for Women University – Admissions, Departments & Scholarships
Lahore College for Women University offers admission to many programs.
Selection Criteria for Undergraduate Programs
– 12 years of education with a minimum of 50% marks.
– 50% marks in entry test
Selection Criteria for Graduate Programs
– 16 years of education with minimum CGPA 2.5/4.0 or 45% marks in annual system.
– 50% in entry test.
Selection Criteria for Postgraduate Programs
– 18 years of field related education From HEC recognized university with at least CGPA 3.0/4.0 or first division in annual system.
– GAT (subjective) or GRE subject with at least 60% marks.
Faculty of Science & Technology
Faculty of Engineering And Technology
Faculty Of Management and Administrative Sciences
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
Faculty of Islamic & Oriental Learning
RUTH PFAU Women Institute For Leadership & Learning
Institute of Education
Faculty of Pharmaceutical & Allied Health Sciences
Institute of Design & Visual Arts
Sabiha Mansoor Institute of Languages & Culture
Grants are accessible to the students on merit and need-base. This has helped many of the students to have access to the best education. Some of the scholarships offered in Lahore College for Women University without any discrimination are listed below;
1. HEC Need-Based Scholarships
2. Prime Minister National ICT Scholarships
3. Scottish Scholarships PS3 Program
4. PEEF Scholarships
5. PEC Scholarships
6. Lahore Based Scholarships
8. Hijri Scholarship
9. Pakistan Bail-ul-Mal Scholarship
10. Pak-USAID Merit and Need-Based Scholarships
What’s your feedback on that?
#LCWU #Lahore #Jaamiah
The Office of Research, Innovation, and Commercialization (ORIC) is playing its crucial role in satisfying the quality of research and follows international standards. So that ORIC was developed in 2012 in Lahore College for Women University (LCWU) to offer critical and viable strength to the university research activities and programs. Similarly,
ORIC boosts the environment for research activities through stimulating entrepreneurship, technology transfer, and commercialization of research activities that strengthen the local and national economy. As well as it gives awareness about property rights, forming business plans, support consul-ties, and developing connections with industries.
Seminars and workshops are very important for students to gain knowledge from experts in their field of interest. Students get to interact with the top tier scholars and guest speakers and learn more outside their textbook. The following are some of the workshops held at Lahore College for Women University.
1. A workshop on ”Museum studies and Planning” conducted by DFDI at LCWU from 5th-7th August 2014.
2. A workshop on “Developing a Researchers-The Entire Research Process” conducted by DFDI at Lahore College for women University26th-27th June 2014.
3. An international Research workshop on “Developing a Researcher-The Entire Research Process” organized by DFDI from 11th-12th June 2014.