- LocationKing Edward Medical University, Nelagumbad, Anarkali, Lahore, Pakistan. Click address for directions
- Phone +92 (42) 99211145-54
- Email [email protected]
- Web Site https://kemu.edu.pk
KING EDWARD MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
King Edward Medical University was founded in 1860. The same year the college became affiliated with the University of Punjab. After independence, it became a chartered university in 2005, that awards.
It provides a state of an art infrastructure providing, excellent learning and progressive environment to resident students. Prof. Khalid Masud Gondal (Tamgha-e-Imtiaz) is currently serving as vice-chancellor of the university.
KEM recognized by HEC and PM&DC, located in Lahore and has a motto ‘’aim high’’. This prestigious university is ranked at the number 6th by HEC. The programs offered at undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate levels are also diverse.
KMC is affiliated with the following hospitals;
- Mayo Hospital Lahore
- Lady Willingdon Hospital
- Lady Aitchison Hospital
- Kot Khawja Saeed Hospital
- Shahdra Hospital
- Said Mitha Teaching Hospital Lahore
The admission opens in November. Students can apply online and submit relevant documents. The university will then assign the entry test date and its location. Students will be also given their specific roll number for their test.
Students applying for MBBS and BDS should have at least a 50% score in UHS.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMS
1. Students scored at least 50% in matric/O levels and in 60 %an intermediates.
2. Students scored at least 50% in the entry test.
For other programs
1. Students scored at least 50% in matric/O levels and in 55% an intermediate.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR GRADUATE PROGRAMS
1. Students who scored a minimum of 2.2 cGPA in the undergraduate program.
2. Students who scored 50% in the GATs general test.
3. The selected students will be screened during the interview.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMS
1. Students who scored a minimum of 3 cGPA in the graduate program.
2. Students who scored 50% in the GATS subject test.
3. The selected students will be screen during the interview.
- HEC need-based scholarship
- Merit scholarship for the position holder
What’s your feedback on that?
#KingEdwardMedicalUniversity #Lahore #Jaamiah
In past directory work for research is prepared and King Edward Medical University’s “Annals” quarterly journal was launched. This was recognized by PMDC and now is updated to the category ”X”. KEMU is also emphasizing the research projects at the postgraduate level.
King Edward Medical College is famous for arranging dynamic events including seminars, workshops conferences. Prestigious guest speakers and knowledgable experts in different fields from the famous institutes are invited. Students are motivated and certified to participate in such events.
Following popular events are held till now;
- Workshop on Self-Assessment Reporting conducted
- QEC-Workshop regarding the preparation of “Self-Assessment Report”
- QEC-Followup Video Conference on “Transforming Quality in Health Care Services”
- QEC-Seminar on Quality Assurance in Higher Education Organized by QEC – KEMU