Karachi Institute of Economics and Technology, PAF Base، Paf Colony Korangi Creek, Karachi, Karachi City, Sindh Click address for directions
- Phone 35091114-7
- Email [email protected]
- Web Site http://pafkiet.edu.pk
PAF Karachi Institute of Economics and Technology (KIET) is recognized by HEC, NCEAC and Pakistan engineering council. KIET is the degree-awarding institution and is ranked as the 8th best business/IT university. Its motto is ‘’central of excellence’’ as it strives hard for excellence and perfection.
Institute provides immense opportunities to its students so that they can learn by debating, questioning and the discussions are meaningful and an excellent source of the network to transfer the ideas.
The university aims to become the leading university nationally and internationally providing standard education, research and training so that quality leaders and entrepreneurs can be produced.
The admission opens in August. Students can apply online. The university will then assign the entry test date and the location. Students will be also given their specific roll no. for their test.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMS
- The students who scored a minimum 50% score in matric/O levels and in intermediate.
- Students who scored 50% in entry test.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR GRADUATE PROGRAMS
- Students who scored a minimum of 2.2cGPA in the undergraduate program.
- Students who scored 50% in GATs general test.
- The selected students will be screened during the interview.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMS
- Students who scored minimum 3cGPA in graduate program.
- Students who scored 50% in the GATS subject test.
- The selected students will be screen during the interview.
SCHOLARSHIPS & FINANCIAL AIDS
- Kinships scholarship
- Merit based scholarship
- HEC need base scholarship
RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT
From faculty to undergraduates, everyone has a role in creating innovative knowledge. University is currently providing 211.3 PKR funds. There are also 44 FYP funded projects.
Research is happening in the following fields
- Quality of Service for Voice over IP Networks
- MPLS Networks, Mobile Ad hoc Networks
- Reachability and Stability in Personal Area Networks
- Security of Wireless LANs
- High-Speed Data Services for Wireless Networks
- Wired and Wireless Communication Devices.
- From faculty to undergraduates, everyone has a role in innovation and development.
WORKSHOPS & SEMINARS
Seminars build the linkage between stakeholders and academics in the education sector, media art and community. The participants from different disciplines are also brought together during workshops and seminars. This enhances network opportunities.
workshop on youth entrepreneurship was held recently and it was successful.