- LocationJamrod Road, University Campus Peshawar, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan 25120 Click address for directions
- Phone +92-91-9222036
- Email [email protected]
- Web Site http://icp.edu.pk
Islamia College University, Peshawar Campus
Islamia College University, Peshawar is a Public Sector University located in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Pakistan and was established by the personal initiatives led by Sir S.A. Qayyum and Sir George Roos-Keppel in 1913. It is one of the oldest institutions of higher education in Pakistan and its historical roots are traced from the culminating point of the Aligarh Movement. The University provides higher learning in arts, languages, humanities, social sciences, and modern Sciences.
In 1950, the University of Peshawar has established the branch of Islamia College Peshawar, with the latter being associated with the university as a constituent college. Initially, it was Inaugurated as Islamia College and was given university status by the Government of Pakistan in the year 2008. Islamia College University Peshawar is affiliated with the higher education commission (HEC). The Motto of the Islamia College University, Peshawar is “O’ God, Increase my Knowledge”.
Islamia College University Peshawar – Admissions, Departments & Scholarships
The admissions at Islamia College University Peshawar opens in January. Students can apply online. The university then assigns the entry test date and location with roll number slip.
Eligibility Criteria for Undergraduate Programs
1. The students who scored a minimum 50% score in matric/O levels and in intermediate.
2. Students who scored 50% in NTS.
Eligibility Criteria for Graduate Programs
1. Students who scored a minimum of 2.2 CGPA in the undergraduate program.
2. Students who scored 50% in GAT general test.
3. The selected students will be screened during the interview.
Eligibility Criteria for Postgraduate Programs
1. Students who scored a minimum of 3 CGPA in the graduate program.
2. Students who scored 50% in the GAT subject test.
3. The selected students will be screen during the interview.
Faculty of Arts & Languages
Faculty of Basic & Social Sciences
Faculty of Religious and Legal Studies
Faculty of Natural Sciences
Faculty of Technologies & Engineering Sciences
Scholarship takes away all financial concerns. Thus, it gives you more time to study, gain knowledge, and secure better grades. Islamia College University offers the following scholarships to help needy students;
1. Frontier education scholarship. 2. HEC need-based scholarship. 3. Senior alumni association scholarship
The Islamia College University’s ORIC has generated the research programs, that focus on funds and training, to link the research activities with economic, academic, and social priority. The dynamic ongoing research is sustained and internationally competitive. A lot of publications are being done at the national and at international level in the best journal with high impact factor, including
1. Journal of Political and Security Studies (JPSS).
2. Journal of Administrative and Business Sciences (JABS). 3. Research Journal of Urdu “Arts and Letters” (Recognized by HEC)
It’s always beneficial that universities sponsor workshops and seminars. The students are exposed to diverse cultures and knowledge, they explore new opportunities and are groomed. Students are made to ask questions and represent their point of view. Following such popular events are held in the Islamia College University Peshawar;
1. One Day Seminar on Right to Information Act-2013
2. Three Days Training on Efficiency and Discipline Rules, Organized by QEC.
3. Two Day Workshop on self-assessment report writing, organized by QEC.
4. Seminar on Job Hunting and Hopping By Abdur Razzak and Dr. Mubarak Burki