Jamrod Road, University Campus Peshawar, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan 25120 Click address for directions
- Phone +92-91-9222036
- Email [email protected]
- Web Site http://icp.edu.pk
Islamia College, Peshawar is a Public Sector University located Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan and is established by the personal initiatives led by Sir S.A. Qayyum and Sir George Roos-Keppel in 1913.
It is one of the oldest institutions of higher education in Pakistan and its historical roots are traced from the culminating point of the Aligarh Movement. The University provides higher learning in arts, languages, humanities, social sciences and modern Sciences.
In 1950, the University of Peshawar has established the branch of Islamia College Peshawar, with the latter being associated with the university as a constituent college. Initially, it was Inaugurated as Islamia College and was given university status by the Government of Pakistan, in the year 2008.
It is affiliated with the higher education commission (HEC). The Motto of the university is “O’ God, Increase my Knowledge”.
The admission opens in January. Students can apply online. The university then assigns the entry test date and location with roll number slip.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMS
1. The students who scored a minimum 50% score in matric/O levels and in intermediate.
2. Students who scored 50% in NTS.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR GRADUATE PROGRAMS
1. Students who scored a minimum of 2.2 cGPA in the undergraduate program.
2. Students who scored 50% in GAT general test.
3. The selected students will be screened during the interview.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMS
1. Students who scored a minimum of 3 cGPA in the graduate program.
2. Students who scored 50% in the GAT subject test.
3. The selected students will be screen during the interview.
1. Frontier education scholarship.
2. HEC need-based scholarship.
3. Senior alumni association scholarship
What’s your feedback on that?
#IslamiaCollegePeshawar #Peshawar #Jaamiah
The university’s ORIC has generated the research programs, that focus on funds and training, to link the research activities with economic, academic and social priority. The dynamic ongoing research is sustained and internationally competitive.
A lot of publications are being done at national and at international level in the best journal with high impact factor, including
1. Journal of Political and Security Studies (JPSS).
2. Journal of Administrative and Business Sciences (JABS).
3. Research Journal of Urdu “Arts and Letters” (Recognized by HEC).
It’s always beneficial that universities sponsor workshops and seminars. The students are exposed to diverse cultures and knowledge, they explore new opportunities and are groomed. Students are made to ask questions and represent their point of view.
Following such events are held in the university recently;
1. One Day Seminar on Right to Information Act-2013
2. Three Days Training on Efficiency and Discipline Rules, Organized by QEC.
3. Two Day Workshop on self-assessment report writing, organized by QEC.
4. Seminar on Job Hunting and Hopping By Abdur Razzak and Dr. Mubarak Burki