- LocationInstitute of Space Technology ,Toll Plaza، 1 Islamabad Highway Near Rawat، Islamabad Click address for directions
- Phone +92-51-9075100
- Fax +92-51-9273310
- Email [email protected]
- Web Site https://www.ist.edu.pk/
Institute of Space Technology (IST) Islamabad
The Institute of Space Technology (IST) is a public sector university situated in Islamabad, Pakistan. The University Established in the year 2002 under the supervision of the Pakistan National Space Agency. The Institute of Space Technology provides a wide array of undergraduate and graduate degrees in partnership with Beihang University and the University of Surrey. Since the year 2008, The Institute of Space Technology has an ISO certified management standard.
The mission of The Institute of Space Technology is to give the state-of-the-art training facilities that will let the students get aflutter experience, an acute requirement in the professional world. Keeping this in mind, our remarkable achievements over the past year have been the up-gradation of the experiment and research facilities. Equipment like subsonic and supersonic wind tunnels have been set-up. IT facilities have been further polished with the addition of high-end-servers and broadband internet accessibility.
The Institute of Space Technology is affiliated with Space and Upper Atmosphere Research Commission, Pakistan Engineering Council, Higher Education Commission (Pakistan), and Washington Accord.
The Motto of Institute of Space Technology is “Exploring the Final Frontier”.
Institute of Space Technology Islamabad – Admissions, Departments & Scholarships
Admission Criteria for Undergraduate Programs
1. Students who have passed HSSC/Equivalent or appearing for HSSC/Equivalent final exams in 2019 are eligible to apply for admission in Undergraduate Programs of IST.
2. For FSC/ICS Students: Merit will be decided based on SSC/Equivalent marks secured, FSC (Part-1) & NAT-1E/ NAT-ICS/ HAT-UG-E/ HAT-UG-CS or SAT-II.
3. For A-Level Students: Merit will be decided based on the marks secured in SSC/Equivalent & NAT-1E/ NAT-ICS/ HAT-UG-E/ HAT-UG-CS or SAT-II.
4. For DAE Students: Merit will be decided based on the marks secured in SSC/Equivalent, DAE, and NAT-1E/ HAT-UG-E or SAT-II.
Admission Criteria for Graduate Programs
1. BS/ BE/ equivalent (16 Years of education) with a strong background in Aerospace, Aeronautical, Avionics, Mechanical, Electrical, Mechatronics, Chemical, Manufacturing or Materials Science & Engineering with minimum CGPA 2.00 out of 4.00 or 60% marks from HEC and PEC recognized Institute/University or from Foreign Institute/University of good repute.
2. GAT-A (General) conducted by NTS in the relevant field of study with 50% marks or HAT (General) conducted by HEC in the relevant field of study with 50% marks or GRE International (General) conducted by ETS, USA, with a minimum score as Quantitative: 150, Verbal: 150, Analytical: 3.5.
Institute of Space Technology (IST) Islamabad offers various scholarships on the bases of merit or for the needy and deserving students. Some of the scholarships are as follows
– HEC need-based scholarships
– IST need-based scholarships
– Merit-based scholarships
– Several sponsorships
What’s your feedback on that?
#Institute_of_space_technology #IST #Islamabad #Jaamiah
The Institute of Space Technology has a separate Office of Research, Innovation, and Commercialization (ORIC) which cynosures to promote and develop a collaborative work environment among researchers, industrial partners, national R&D organizations, and funding agencies.
QUALITY ENHANCEMENT CELL
Institute of Space Technology (IST) has always been in the spearhead for acquiring and adopting best practices in the field of Education. Identifying the role that it needs to play in the higher education sector, IST has inaugurated a Quality Enhancement Cell. This cell has the duty to ensure that the university’s quality assurance practices are suitable with international standards and are constructed to polish the level of higher education
Institute of Space Technology (IST) Islamabad conducted various seminars and workshops for their student’s better future such as the workshop on “Engineering Design Optimization”,
“Control System Design and Analysis”,
“Cost-effective Composite Material Manufacturing for Engineering Products”,
“Composites Design Optimization and Analysis”,
“Reliability of Engineering Systems”.