- LocationINSTITUTE OF BUSINESS MANAGEMENT, Korangi Creek Karachi Sindh, Pakistan Click address for directions
- Phone (+92-21)3509-0961-67
- Fax (+92-21)3509-0968
- Email [email protected]
- Web Site https://www.iobm.edu.pk/
Institute of Business Management (IoBM)
Institute of business management is known as “CBM”. CBM is a private sector university in Karachi, Pakistan. It was formed in the year 1995. IoBM embrace its four colleges, the College of Business Management (CBM), the College of Economics and Social Development (CESD), the College of Computer Science and Information Systems (CCSIS), and the College of Engineering Sciences (CES). It was evaluated in the list of country’s top universities by HEC and by the Government of Sindh.
This institute marked its outstanding position in history and awarded by two Eduniversal Palms at the international convention of Dean of Business Colleges in the year 2010. It is also associated with the International Association of Universities (IAU), the International Association of University Presidents (IAUP), the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU).
The motto of IoBM is to provide the best learning and the motivated environment to the students. So, their students produce things in multidimensional ways. They encourage them and provide them freedom of proving their skills in their fields. The noticeable alumni of the Institute of Business Management are Sanam Jang, Rabab Hashmi, Ali Kazmi, Palwasha Bashir, Shahzeb Khanzada, and many other remarkable personalities.
IoBM – Admissions, Departments & Scholarships
The criteria of IoBM selection are highly competitive.
Eligibility for entrance to Bachelor’s Programs
The admission for Bachelor’s Programs would be based on the following:
1. A Higher Secondary School (HSC) Certificate with at least *55% marks awarded by a recognized Provincial Intermediate Board.
2. 3 A-Levels with a minimum of *two Cs, preferably in business-related subjects, excluding General Paper and Urdu or an American High School Diploma with CGPA 2.5 or equivalent.
3. IBCC equivalence will be required for A-Level and other foreign qualifications.
4. At least 5C’s in an O-Level exam or minimum 55% marks in SSC or equivalent.
Eligibility for entrance to BS Computer Science Programs
1. A Higher Secondary School (HSC) Pre-Engineering Certificate with at least *55% marks awarded by a recognized Provincial Intermediate Board.
2. A-Levels with Mathematics subject.
Eligibility for entrance to Engineering Programs
The admission for Engineering Programs would be based on any one of the following:
1. A Higher Secondary School (HSC) Pre-Engineering Certificate with at least *60% marks awarded by a recognized Provincial Intermediate Board.
2. American High School Diploma with CGPA 2.5 or any other qualifications.
3. Four years overseas bachelor’s degree or equivalent recognized by HEC.
4. Students with a 2/3-year Bachelor’s degree are eligible only for MBA Evening (3-year) program.
5. Minimum one-year post qualification work experience in Multinational or domestic corporation is required (only for MBA Regular on Weekend). Candidate must be working while applying online for admission and also during the period of study.
6. Experience in unknown or unregistered companies will not be considered.
7. Minimum 55% marks in the last qualification in the annual examination system.
8. Minimum CGPA 2.5 on a scale of 4 in the semester system.
Eligibility for entrance to MS/MPhil Programs
It is based on any one of the following:
1. Sixteen years of education in relevant field with high second division or equivalent from HEC recognized Institutes/Universities in Pakistan.
2. Four years overseas bachelor’s degree or equivalent recognized by HEC.
Eligibility for Ph.D. Programs
1. Candidate has 18 years of education from an HEC recognized university is eligible to apply. For admission into the Ph.D. minimum CGPA 3.0 on a scale of 4 or First Division in MPhil/MS/ degree is required.
2. Minimum CGPA 3.0 is required for candidates having MBA or equivalent degrees. Students with Masters degrees will have to do pre-requisite courses recommended by the committee (HEC equivalence certificate required).
3. Students with HEC recognized professional degrees i.e., ACMA, CA, ACCA may also apply subject to equivalence certificate issued by the HEC.
4. Candidates must pass NTS (60% or more marks in the subject exam) or equivalent.
5. 3 A-Levels with a minimum of *one C, in Mathematics, Chemistry, and Physics.
6. IBCC equivalence certificate will be required for A-Levels and other foreign qualifications.
Eligibility for entrance to two year Master’s Programs
The admission in MBA (Regular) Weekend / Evening Program would be based on any of the following:
1. A four year Bachelor’s degree in Arts, Science, Law, Commerce, Engineering, Medicine, Pharmacy, or any other degree with high second division or equivalent from HEC/Provincial Government approved Institutes/Colleges/Universities in Pakistan.
The scholarship helps students to continue their studies. It overcomes the finical gaps for students. Following scholarship are for IoBM students:
1. Merit Scholarship
2. President’s Merit Scholarship
3. Merit Scholarship
4. HEC Japanese
5. HEC French
6. Sui Southern Gas Company Ltd
7. Mitsubishi Corporation Scholarship
8. Need-based scholarship
What’s your feedback on that?
#LoBM #Karachi #Jaamiah
IoBM provides a rich environment for research work. Research is the best and reliable way to understand and act on the complexities of various issues that we as humans are facing.
The research is important for the students because it helps them to have a detailed analysis of everything. When you have a proper in-depth analysis of any topic, the result comes out to be fruitful and also the knowledge is enhanced. The research team of IoBM is comprised of the expert Ph.D. Faculty which facilitates the student in their best possible way.
Seminar and workshops enhance and flourish the abilities of students and boost up their confidence. The following are the seminars and workshops conducted by IoBM.
1. Seminar on writing a research proposal and potential for research funding.
2. Seminar on “identification and prioritization of critical issues in promoting the quality culture in HELs”.
3. Seminar on major industry issues- worth researching by universities.
4. Seminar on analyzing issues in supply chain and logistics.
5. Seminar on industrial automation and control.