Heavy Industries Taxila Education City University (HITEC University) is a private university. It is located on the border of the Punjab and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, just off the Grand Trunk Road. Extended over an area of more than 20 acres, the campus is located at the foot of Margalla Hills only 2 km from the Taxila city.
Apart from Taxila Museum, a number of important industries including Heavy Industries Taxila (HIT), Heavy Mechanical Complex (HMC), Pakistan Ordnance Factories (POFs), Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC), Telephone Industry Pakistan (TIP) and FECTO Cement are near the university.
HITEC University organized classes in November 2007 with an intake of 250 students, in affiliation with the University of Engineering and Technology (UET), Taxila. The university was granted its own charter in November, the year 2009 by the government of Punjab. The university is sponsored by the Heavy Industries Taxila Education Welfare Trust (HITEWT).
It is affiliated with the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan, Pakistan Engineering Council, Washington Accord University of Strathclyde and Istanbul Technical University.
The admission opens in December. An application form is available on its website and can be easily downloaded. The application form with relevant documents should be submitted. The university will assign the test date to students.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMS
1. The students who scored a minimum 50% score in matric /O levels and in intermediate.
2. Students who scored 50% in NTS.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR GRADUATE PROGRAMS
1. Students who scored a minimum of 2.2CGPA in the undergraduate program.
2. Students who scored 50% in GAT general test.
3. The selected students will be screened during the interview.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMS
1. Students who scored a minimum 3 CGPA in graduate program.
2. Students who scored 50% in the GAT subject test.
3. The selected students will be screen during the interview.
Faculty Of Engineering & Technology
Faculty Of Basic Sciences
Following scholarships are given
1. Scholarship Opportunity for the Students of Baluchistan and FATA.
4. HEC Need-based Scholarship
5. Merit-based scholarship
The university has collaborated with industrial partners, research institutes, funding agencies, and national R&D organizations. Both applied and basic research is promoted. There are many ongoing projects, which will be soon commercialized in the market due to driven demands.
Seminars and workshops inoculate a multitude of skills e.g. speaking, learning, listening, networking skills. Most of these events are arranged by the students to inoculate leadership skills, teamwork skills. This creates tolerance and unity among the students.