Government College University Faisalabad (GCUF), Chiniot
Public Sector Ι Chartered by Government of Punjab
Government College University Chiniot (GCUF Chiniot) is one of the campuses of Government College University. It is located in Chiniot. University offers graduate and undergraduate programs. GCUF Chiniot Campus provides many facilities to its students for their ease i-e Car parking, cafeteria, different departments, laboratories, computer labs, etc. Chiniot is situated in the center of Punjab province on the bank of river Punjab in the Faislabad division. Boundaries are attached to Faisalabad, Jhang, Hafizabad, and Sargodha. Chiniot was Tehsil of district Jhang and it was declared a separate district in February 2009 and is further divided into two Tehsils named Bhuwana and Lalian. According to different sources, the history of this city begins before capturing Multan by Mohammad Bin Qasim. Different castes of people from different schools of thought are living there.
Chiniot is famous all over the world due to handicrafts and carving on wooden utensils. The culture of this specific area is not much different from the culture of Punjab province. Some individuals playing their roles in the politics of Chiniot. In Chiniot there are graves of some companions of Hazrat Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) which means people are living there when Islam was spreading in the subcontinent. There are also some signs found on the hills in regard to the Buddhist school of thought as they constructed institutions for education in the territory of Taxila. Some four or five Mandirs are also there which shows that a significant number of Hindus were living there before the independence of Pakistan. Some shrines of Muslim Sufi’s are also there on the bank of the river
Other Univerisities You Might be Interested
GCUF Chiniot Campus offers admissions in graduate and undergraduate programs for students.
Selection Criteria for Undergraduate Programs
1. The candidates with at least 45% marks in FA/F.Sc./I.Com/ICS or equivalent examination are eligible to apply for all programs except BS (SE), Pharm-D, BSc Electrical Engineering.
2. For BS (SE), Pharm-D, BSc Electrical Engineering, 60% marks are required as per the requirement of the respective councils.
3. For BSc Engineering/ Electrical/ Mechanical /civil /chemical Technology programs, at least, 50% marks are required as per the requirement of the respective councils.
Selection Criteria for Graduate Programs
1. The Candidates must have passed MA/MSc/BS 4-Years education after FA/ FSc or equivalent degree in the relevant field from HEC recognized institutions with at least 50% marks (under annual system) or 2.5 CGPA (under semester system) for admission.
2. Candidates from all over the country may apply for admission to MS/M.Phil.
Following degree programs are being offered here. Please click on (+) icon to expand the view. Click on the individual degree program name to get the complete details.
Scholarships provide students with an opportunity to be educated. There may be students who find it difficult to pay for their degrees. Scholarships provide these students with the opportunity to source money for education. Thus they are able to become a part of the workforce and contribute to society. GCUF Chiniot Campus offers several scholarships listed below;
– Merit-based scholarship
– Ehsaas scholarship
– Need-based scholarship
– National Endowment Scholarship for Talent (NEST)
– PEEF scholarship.
Search for International Scholarships
Recieve latest admission updates & news!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.